1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick, input?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pasalacqua, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Pasalacqua

I went to the doctor yesterday, I'd been experiencing flu-like symptoms: achy joints, chills, fevers, as well as swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, congestion, and swollen, sore patches inside of my mouth.

The doctor told me "Oh, it's probably just a cold, it could be mono, but we think it's just a cold."

This is not a damn cold.

He told me to wait until Monday, see if it gets any better, and if not, to go get the test done for mono.

Since yesterday I've been feeling really dead. Not that hungry, not that I can really eat anyway with half my mouth being swollen.

I've been taking Motrin to keep the fever down.

Basically, I just want to know, if any of you have had mono before, does this sound like it?

I don't really trust the doctor....

2. Pokerface

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000591.htm

that sure sounds like mono. there was a mono epidemy at my school last year... it's really contagious.

also, my best friend found out his girlfriend was cheating on him in another occasion thanks to mono. he had it. his girlfriend had it. some other guy had it. that's when he started suspecting. haha

hope you get well soon. :slight_smile:

don't get too flu-paranoid.