1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adverse Reaction to Simethicone?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My stomach was a bit off last night so I took simethicone (Gas-X) to help. I woke up feeling 5 times worse than initially and was in the bathroom constantly.

In the morning, I started noticing pretty bad chest pains followed with somewhat constricted breathing (though not severe). It went away, though came back during my Calc and Psych classes followed by painful cramps in my stomach.

While the chest pain and stomach cramps are gone now, my stomach is still screwed up and I feel horrible. I'm just wondering if what I was experiencing could have been some sort of adverse reaction to simethicone.

2. KaraBulut

Simethicone is inert. It's not really absorbed. It works by getting rid of foam and air suspended in solution- basically taking small bubbles and making them form bigger bubbles. It doesn't get rid of anything but the symptoms of the gas- the gas is still there and still has to be passed.

You probably have an underlying stomach virus or mild food poisoning that still needs to run its course.