1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm getting sick... Help?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Strawberry, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Strawberry

Well, last night my nose began to become a little stuffy, and I felt the sensation in the back of my throat when it doesn't hurt yet but feels like a pain could develop soon. I'm not really capable of being articulate right now, but surely someone knows what I'm trying to say. It's sinus drainage, though; I always have that really bad when I get sick. I was able to feel it in English class today. I do not feel feverish.

What can I do to make myself feel better? I took some cold medicine, a vitamin, and drank some orange juice at lunch. I felt better for a while, but now I feel all icky again.

What do you, dear posters on EC, do when you get sick?

2. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd recommend a decongestant and a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory.

Ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine work for me.

You want to prevent it from traveling into your lungs.

3. Jim1454

As soon as I start getting that feeling I take the extra doses of 'ColdFX' that they recommend. It seems to give my immune system a boost and I usually fight it off before it actually gets bad.

4. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the first and I think most important thing is getting ample amounts of sleep. That is really key to any recovery. Second, I'd be sure to make certain your nutrition is stable with all the needed minerals and vitamins. Then next I would be sure to drink plenty of fluids, something with Vitamin C, and making sure you get Vitamin D as well. If you feel you're getting sick, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and take medicine as a preventative measure.

Hope that helps.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I recommend rawgarlic

6. Strawberry

Thanks, all... I'll keep these suggestions in mind. Today I did indeed get sick, and I think the sore throat is coming, but I can't be sure yet.

7. RCooper

Just don't use Zicam. If they are even still selling it. My mom did, and she lost her sense of smell.

8. EM68

Zicam comes in a spray, which your mother probably took which has been reported to cause people to loose their sense of smell. There is also a orange flavored meltable pill that seems to work.I have used it a few times. I also have mint tea and gargle with salt if I have a sore throat.

9. NeonCookies

i carry around a bottle of vapor rub and sniff it all day lol