1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much water do you drink?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lychee, Jan 30, 2010.

?

How many standard (250mL) glasses of water do you drink per day on average?

1. 0

14.3%
  2. 1-2

9.5%
  3. 3-4

16.7%
  4. 5-6

14.3%
  5. 7-8

9.5%
  6. 9-10

14.3%
  7. 11-12

7.1%
  8. 13-14

4.8%
  9. 15-16

2.4%
  10. 17-18

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 19-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 21+

7.1%
  1. Lychee

So, recently I've noticed that I drink a lot more water than most of my friends, and I was wondering how much everyone else drank. :slight_smile:

I seriously do think I have a drinking problem. (hahaha)

2. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, if you drink larger amounts--you really don't have a problem. Water Poisoning is a very rare thing and you must drink large amounts at once to drown your organs. Water is a very good alternative to junk food beverages and I actually commend you on your choice. It's a very good thing when water tastes good because it can be a precursor to healthier nutritional choices!

I drink on average about 2 water bottles worth, each about 2 and a half cups.

Also, on a global health stand point, don't buy bottled water. Stick with one bottle and keep it around for a while. Saves money and the environment. Plus, it's the same water you can find anywhere else really.

3. Jim1454

It's unlikely that you're drinking too much water - but I understand it can strain your body in some ways. i.e. you're kidneys have to work overtime to do all that extra filtering. And to some extent you're washing out of your system stuff that you don't need to.

I also have heard that the recommended 8 glasses of water a day don't have to be pure water that you drink. That includes the water in fruits and vegetables and the water included in other drinks.

If you're the 21+ glasses, then perhaps you have a problem. That's like drinking over 10 bottles of water a day - which to me seems like a lot. Compulsion like. Could you drink less if you tried?

4. SaturdaySaviour

Water is the greatest thing ever and I absolutely love it. I'm pretty sure I drink enough.

Took this from wiki: "For those who have healthy kidneys, it is rather difficult to drink too much water, but (especially in warm humid weather and while exercising) it is dangerous to drink too little. People can drink far more water than necessary while exercising, however, putting them at risk of water intoxication (hyperhydration), which can be fatal."

5. Rikudo

Well I've become accustomed to drinking mostly water. I only really drink pop at restaurants. But then again we have it crammed down our throats by our coaches who don't want us to get muscle cramps in the middle of a game.

6. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    probably 13-14 glasses.. i love water haha and i play a lot of sports so i have to keep hydrated!

7. adam88

A litre a day at least. :slight_smile:

8. Bryan44

Water is amazing. I always carry a bottle with me everywhere I go (Class, gym, riding in the car, and even have a bottle by my bed every night). I gave up drinking soda and other carbonated beverages over a year and a half ago and replaced those drinks with water, so I drink lots and lots of water.

9. Ive recently been drinking water only, but i haven't completely taken soda out of my life. im sorry but if i go out for some Cuban food, i want a freaking iron beer with my Picadillo.
    [​IMG]= <3

10. RaeofLite

Probably around 9-12 cups a day? More than 2L? I generally try to exercise and eat healthy so... :slight_smile:

11. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I drink a lot of fluids, but maybe only about 2 glasses of "pure" water each day. Note that over-hydration of water is more deadly than dehydration.

12. Étoile

At the least, one bottle. At the most, three bottles.

13. fallendream

i drink little water but ive started to get addicted to milk (not milkshakes just the plain stuff)
    i drink like 10~ glasses a day.

14. Lychee

I used to drink other things, but replaced them with water, and now drink about 6L on average a day (24 glasses)
    I'm pretty much always thirsty.
    I plan on seeing a doctor, considering that I don't really have salt, which means my sodium-to-water ratios would be off.

15. mischa91

Drinking lots of water/being thirsty all the time is a sign that something's not right. It can be a sign of diabetes so it's good that you're going to see your doctor.

I don't drink enough water, theres just something about the taste.. if i could make it taste better i would drink more.

16. SeaRobin

That's me too. I only ever drink water when I'm playing sports or working (landscaping). I drink about 2 litres a day..

17. Apocalypte

Probably 2-3L a day, more if there's a long run involved.

18. Johnnieguy

I'm the opposite. Pop is expensive (especially for how much it costs a restaurant to produce it...The profit margin on fountain drinks especially is ridiculous. Drinking water at restaurants is free, so it lowers my tab! (Side note: anyone remember when you could buy a 20 oz for less than a buck-99cents? It seems like the standard price is 1.29 these days, and it deters me from buying it. Maybe a sin tax on sugary drinks wouldn't be such a bad thing, I'd never buy it then!

As for the original question...How much water I drink depends on the day. I love water, but I think I tend to drink most of my water at night-and I think that is a bad thing.

19. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i dont drink water. unless its in the form of tea or fruity water. having plain water from a tap makes me wanna be sick. i drink mostly diet coke or milk. just now though im drinking strawberry and vannila carbonated water. its really good.