1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight Gainer?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by darkestknight, Feb 3, 2010.

1. darkestknight

Hey there,

Recently I've been working out lately at home, and I have purchased a GNC Weight Gainer 1850. However - I'm pretty confused of the instructions: is it all 3 scoops per day, or must I use only one scoop for the whole day?

edit: Btw, I have normal, 3-4 meals in a day. That GNC thing was to supplement the proteins and the calories.

#1 darkestknight, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Emberstone

it really depends on your goal. if your skinny, and looking to put on muscle,but minimal fat, you probably dont need to use three scoops a day. when I platuagh in my muscle gain, I have a weight gainer I put in to put enough weight on to get my metabolish of balance enough that my body has to readjust, which allows me to pack on more muscle.

if you are really skinny, and just want to put on more weight, not caring about how much is muscle and how much is fat, you can do a bit more.

3. KaraBulut

From looking at their website, it looks like it is 3 scoops mixed in milk once daily.

This supplement is for guys who are really looking to put on weight- like guys who are in football practice or are "carbing up" for a sporting event. It's very high in carbohydrate.

A suggestion: start with 1 scoop and mix it in a blender. If you can tolerate dairy, the milk will help with the taste. Increase to 2 and then 3 scoops- if you can tolerate it.

Two things that you want to look for before you increase is:
    1. Make sure that you're happy with muscle gains. Because of the high amount of carbohydrate, make sure that you are doing enough cardio so that you don't put on fat and retain water. If your body has a tendency to burn calories and you're normally skinny, a weight gainer might give you the extra calories to build muscle but it can also put on fat if you're not really working out hard.
    2. These high-carb supplement can give you the runs if you're not careful. That's why I recommend that you start slow with 1 scoop and increase as long as you're tolerating it. Similarly, a lot of people who are lactose intolerant may have trouble with the milk in the supplement.

If you're not happy with this supplement, you may want to switch to a supplement that is higher in protein and a little leaner on the carb.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah 3 scoops daily, but a lot of people use 2, because 3 is a waste and costs too much.

And you don't have to use milk you can use water instead.

5. darkestknight

I'll start with one scoop first. And all in between meals - is it okay? :grin:

Also, my body stats are around 174cm/58kg. I need more strength actually.

#5 darkestknight, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010