1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dandruff

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by azrae1, Feb 7, 2010.

1. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

hello everyone :slight_smile:!

i dunno where to start, but just out of curiosity.. hmm i was wondering if a person gets dandruff alot, is that a sign of a person losing hair? or getting bald? i reseached the net and found that it is normal to have died skin (Dandruff) but was wondering; is having too much dandruff means your losing more hair? i kno that there are treaments about it but using too many hair products might damage the hair :/. thx for reading and hope to hear some info from u guys ^^

2. KaraBulut

Dandruff is dead, oily skin. Everyone has it. Newborn babies get it. Adults get it on any hairy area of the body, including their eyebrows. It seems to be worse in men because men tend to have oilier skin.

It has no connection to hair loss.

Dandruff can usually be controlled by changing to a shampoo that has special ingredients that keep the scalp from being too dry or too oily.

If the change in shampoo doesn't help, then a trip to the dermatologist usually is recommended.

3. Just Adam

i can wah me hai couple hours later it can look like i came out of a snow storm. dont worry your hairs safe. only thing that seems to help with flakey scalp is more washing and hydration to keep it moisturised and wash off the excess oils

4. adam88

What the above two said. It also helps to switch shampoos from time to time as well.

5. Just Adam

just to add it doesent mean theres anything wrong with you, people just have different types of hair, some thick some thin and whispy, some dry that get split ends and some who get greasy hair that requires cleansing

its just like skin and everything else with humans many things. as for switching what you use on your hair it can help especially those designed for greasy or flakey hair, because what your hair needs when you wash it is to first wash off the flakes there and the oils then it needs nutrition and hydration .

also and i dunno if kara agrees or not but anything with the human body when it comes to needing hydration i say drink more water.