1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicotine Overdose?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fargo, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Well, today I put on a 21mg Nicoderm patch and let it do its "magic". About 2.5hrs ago I got up to take it off because I was feeling nauseous and as I walked to the washroom I almost fell over I was so dizzy. Right after I took it off, I ended up puking. So after that I went to bed, woke up about 10 min ago and now my eyes have difficulties focusing on the words on this screen. I read somewhere that you should goto the hospital if you suspect you nicotine overdosed, but other places say just to let it run its course. Anyone been through a similar situation.

2. KaraBulut

Unfortunately, these are common side effects when you first start the patch. Take if off for now. Contact your physician and tell him/her that you're having these side effects. They may want to decrease the dosage.

3. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Oh, and I think I was hallucinating a bit?

4. RaeofLite

Yea, my mom got that when she was trying to quit. She couldn't sleep she said she was having wickedly frightening nightmares.. She quit in 2001 though.

And I am on day 3 of being smoke free. :slight_smile:

Good luck. :grin: