1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testicular Cancer scare

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PeaceLoveJoy, Feb 9, 2010.

1. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :help:So...last night during my shower I was checking and on my left testicle I felt like this flap of skin or something I'm not sure how to describe it and also it hurt if I squeezed it gently, is it cancer? I'm afraid...

2. Just Adam

well dont take me as gospel but a cancerous lump doesn't usually hurt. it can me lots of things even down to just an irritation of the skin from your cleaning products.

im sure kara will have better idea of whats wrong but i would say just go to the doctor because if it is only as simple as an irritation is it not worth it for the peace of mind.

also (*hug*) i understand how scared you must be and we are here for you

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I would ask your doctor instead of us. Since we can not examine you, we can't give you a definitive answer.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^ This.^^^

From what you're describing it sounds more like a sebaceous cyst or an infected hair follicule or something relatively minor, but I would echo Chris' suggestion that you have it checked out. As much as it might be scary to get it checked, it it more scary to consider it might be something serious.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Even if we could, most of us aren't qualified to examine you. As has been said, if it worries you ask about it.

6. RaeofLite

Dr! Dr! Give him the news he's gotta- lump of tissue he's a bit confused.

..Lame humour aside, I'd see a doctor asap.

7. KaraBulut

Good for you for doing a self-check in the shower.

Make an appointment with your doctor to have it checked.

Cancer is not generally painful to touch in the way that a sore or inflamed area would be. The testes can be sensitive when you're moving them around or when they get bumped but it shouldn't really be something that would be described as "pain". Anything that you would describe as painful is more likely to be an infection or inflammation and this is something that you should have your doctor evaluate.

8. aslan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all, definately see a doc. I've had a few scares and from personal experience I can say it usually turns out to be nothing serious.

If the doctor examines you, he will either say its nothing there and then, or to "keep an eye on it" or he may refer you to get an ultrasound scan (like a pregnant lady :wink: