1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Papilloma Virus?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheRoof, Feb 10, 2010.

1. TheRoof

Hello,
    I have these three white bumps on my buttocks and I have no idea what they are.
    I never had those until say, like 6 months ago? but I just randomly found them one day, and I didn't really pay attention because I thought they would go away, but I still have them, which kinda freaks me out.
    They are quite large too, and it's almost like a mosquito bite and they're rather hard.
    I've been doing research on the web and they sound like Human Papilloma Virus but I'm not so sure. I never had sex with anyone before, and I swear, I live in a cleanest house, and I take showers two times a day because I have OCD on being clean (kinda like that lady in Glee), but anyways, it's just so wierd how i got those bumps.

Does anyone have idea what they might be? Thanks. I'm just scared I might have HPV or something worse...
    Thanks in advance!

2. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've not heard of HPV effecting people like that. However, I'm no expert. Have you tried popping them? Do they have white heads? Are they painful to the touch, resist force? Are they like moles? Can you describe them more please?

3. Stuie

The Human Papilloma Virus mainly causes warts, which are normally just a minor inconvenience and out of the many strains, only a few are particularly worrying in terms of being STIs. Also viruses are pretty hard to remove from anything around the house.
    Go see your doctor about it and you could probably get them burnt off or other treatments. If it's a wart on your bum, it's pretty treatable normally.

4. KaraBulut

What part of your buttocks are they on?

When you describe them as hard- are they deep, under the skin or are they on top of the skin where you can actually see and touch them?

5. TheRoof

No, I have not. They don't have white heads i don't think, though since it's on the buttocks it's kinda hard to see closely. They are not painful, just uncomfortable i guess, though not to a degree where it's difficult for me to sit down.

They are hard, and they are on top of the skin so you could actually see and touch them, and they're pretty big too. I have two on one side, and one on the other, and they kinda symmetrical positionwise, and they're slightly off center towards the lower middle buttocks.

I seriously have no idea what they are. They don't hurt that much...though it feels wierd when I touch them....

6. KaraBulut

You should have them checked.

There's different strains of HPV and the different strains have a different affinity for different types of skin. The strains that affect mucus membraines around the genitals are different from the warts that affect the face, feet and hands.

It's not certain that they're warts. Usually, the virus is spread via skin to skin contact (this includes the genital variety as well as the others). So, it's unusual to get them on places like the unexposed areas of the body because fewer people touch those areas (and those areas touch inanimate objects less often).