1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Sided

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Taurusguy92, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Taurusguy92

I have noticed that one side of my body (chest, biceps, everything almost) is less developed than the other. I haven't really worked them out unevenly and yet somehow this happened. It always feels weird having one side more muscular than the other. Any suggestions...?

2. KaraBulut

It depends on how much difference you're talking about.

Humans are not symmetrical. Because most of us have our hearts are in the right side of chest, the right rib cage tends to be a little bigger.

And the arms and legs on the dominant side of our body (usually the one that your write with) tends to have more developed muscles. Some guys will lift heavier weights on their non-dominant side in order to trigger a little extra growth on that side.

The differences in the sides should be very subtle. Usually it is something that you would notice but no one else would. There shouldn't be a significant difference in musculature.

3. Taurusguy92

You're probably right. I always seemed to make such a big deal of how one side of my chest always seemed bigger than the other and everyone else would tell me it wasn't that different. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

4. Emberstone

there is a half inch difference between my left arm, as opposed to my right arm *I am right handed*. I would recommed doing some isolation excercises for your smaller arm, like kara blut says. I do them, and it has helped slowly close the gap.

As for chest, just make sure to use good form, and meybe consider useing dumb bell bench presses. those will require each side of the chest to work independent, instead of together, like if you were useing a barbell. I would take your bench press, and cut it down to about 35-45% what you were doing with the bar bell, and see how it goes. dumb bells dont stimulate exactly the same way, as you require more usage of smaller, stabalizer muscles, so cuting it back is important for weight so you dont injure yourself.

5. Taurusguy92

The only problem is that I don't really have anything to work out with... hopefully College will change that though Thanks for the advice though