1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Injury

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rygirl, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Rygirl

So last night I went for an almighty crash down the stairs, and I hit my head quite badly on the back of the sofa. Ever since then I have had this really bad headache which wont go away even with Paracetamol, concentrating around my eyes.

Is this connected and should I go and see a doctor about it? Or should I just wait it out?

2. Sylver

There is the risk that you might have a concussion, so YES - go see a doctor now!

3. KaraBulut

You should either go to an emergency room or call your primary physician. Don't delay.

4. Rygirl

I spoke to a doctor on the phone, he said I have a mild concussion, and to take it easy for a few weeks, doctors orders.

5. xCrazyInsanity

Yeah.. you should take that advice.

The last time I went in for a concussion, i was just told not to do anything active for a week or two. and I was told I shouldn't have gone in since it was mild and I didn't fully pass out.

Theres also a chanse you could have whiplash if you jerked your head hard enough

6. Rygirl

The only symptom I have is a thumper of a headache. And I still have to play my piccolo for a concert this weekend.No rest for the wicked I guess.

7. Fargo

Fargo Guest

If things don't clear up, you will want to get it checked out for sure though. Just in case there was more damage than a concussion.

8. KaraBulut

And hopefully he told you that if your headache worsens or if you develop other symptoms like vomiting, then you should go to the emergency room.