1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recending hairline?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by azrae1, Feb 24, 2010.

1. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

hi, recently i am getting worried about my hair.. my hair is long right now that its touching my eyelashes, which is good and i want to have a long hair :slight_smile:, but now my biggest concern is my hairline.. i dunno i just feel my forehead is getting bigger and bigger?? is it because my hair is getting longer? well my hair is chemically straight and i am not having a hair loss because i don't see any baldness areas in my head but i feel that my front hair is thinner than the rest of my head.. i dunno what does that mean but i hope i am not getting bald :S !!! my family history is that we kinda have a big forehead but they are not bald xD!! i dunno if i will get bald but my family do surelly have big forehead and i hope i am not getting bald. well about my brother, he has similar case to me that he straighted his hair chemically but the main difference between me and him is that he started losing hair .. i mean i can see that he has less hair than me, but i guess this is all because he wears a hat and uses wayy too many hair products which he tries to push me to use but i refuse to use cause i don't want my hair to be like his :S! i don't use too many hair products, i only use my conditioner and shampoo and a styling cream but not on daily bases. i feel when my hair got longer it became harder to maintain it but i guess its normal since its long. what i am asking is, is my forehead getting bigger because of using chemicals ? or my hair falls off @ a certain lenghth? or is it that i have to continue my family bloodline of having a big forehead xD :lol: thanks for reading and a small reply is ok with me :slight_smile:

2. padre411

I knew I was losing hair when I was 18 and saw it every morning on the shower drain. Have you noticed any hair like that when you shower?

Peace,

3. Emberstone

I was born with a Eddie Munster receding hairline. you really cant change your hairline without plugs, which look like crap, and about the only thing you can do is use rogaine.

but remeber, your hair is long, so it breaks easier. I saw alot of hair when mine was down to my shoulder circling the drain or on my pillow at night... but i really didnt lose much during the day. on average, you lose around 150 strands a day anyways, so it likely is not balding, but psychological.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've ended up with a weird mix of genes from my parents. My father's side has high foreheads, but not much in the way of balding. (My father is in his 70s, and is only now starting to show some balding at the crown.) My mother's side has early balding, but it's pretty slow. So I ended up with a high forehead, and I started balding at age 18. However, more than two decades later, the balding has JUST started moving back onto the top of my head. I've got what look like two "divots" moving backwards on either side of a still fairly bushy front-and-center head of thick hair. It looks pretty odd.

What do you do about it? The same thing you do about not being as tall as you want, or not being able to play basketball like Michael Jordan. Accept it. It's a big deal only if you make it one. I don't think using the products you're using are contributing to it much if at all.

Lex

5. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I've been thinking that my hairline has been receding for about 8 years now, but I've always had fine hair, which is just a genetic trait. If you're finding hairs in the sink/shower, it might just be that because your hair is longer, it is more visible and you're losing the same amount as everyone else, which is normal.

Otherwise, if you are legitimately losing your hair, there is nothing you can do and you might as well embrace it and not worry about it. You can't change your homosexuality and you can't change your hairline.

6. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

hey :slight_smile:! thanks for your replies ^^, actually my forehead only appears when i take shower and when i typed this thread i was actually drying my wet hair but right now i just came from outside, had a look @ the mirror and i don't see my forehead is big xD!!! but yes as you all said, we have to accept it no matter what and learn to live with it :slight_smile:

7. Breakdown

my dad has that happening lol, well i guess coz hes getting oldeeeer, bt theres treatments avaliable, that can help re grow hair, jst do research, or even talk q ur doctor about it?