1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blood flow

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Psych!, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Psych!

Psych! Guest

is there something wrong with my blood flow if my arms or legs fall asleep or just feel weak?

If not, then what can it be

If yes, then what can i do?

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

how do ur arms n legs fall asleep?? :confused:

U could b hungry happens to me when i am:slight_smile:

3. Kimi

Maybe you are tired?
    Maybe you didn't sleep well?

I'm not even sure if it has something to do with blood flow:eusa_doh:

4. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

There is usually flow restrictions if your hands or legs fall asleep. Oxygen is not being brought to the tissues in the amount needed, also waste products (CO2, lactic acid, etc.) are not being removed properly. The restrictions are usually mechanical, meaning you have your arm or leg in a certain position that places pressure against the arteries in such a way as to restrict the blood flow (arm over your head while sleeping pinches off the brachial artery, crossing your legs at the knee for long periods of time). Also repetitive motions (using computer keyboard without breaks) can cause inflammation and thus restrict flow.

Treatment is basically moving about and not sitting or laying in one position too long and don't over do repetitive motions for long periods without breaks. As for a serious disease process, normally not, unless it involves nerves (MS).

5. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Thanks JayHew
    This really helps a lot. I'll try to follow it, and can I come back with any other doubts?

6. surfrboykai

ms is not fun. my adopted father has it, and i wouldn't wish it on the person i hate in thus world =(