1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canker sores?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fargo, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Fargo

Fargo Guest

For a few days now, on the inside of my bottom lip right where my teeth are next to are 3 sores. They are white and kinda indent. They hurt a lot! And I dunno if they are canker sores or something else. I can take a picture if that helps?

2. Mind Freak

Hmmm. I'm not sure. Normally when I got canker sores they were red or pink. I used to get them when I had braces. I don't remember like "symptoms" per say but I do remember that they hurt a lot. I got this antiseptic spray for the mouth that would help a lot so maybe you could get those.

And go on webmd.com and type in canker sores in the search thing and it should come up with symptoms and such so you can use that to diagnose yourself. : )

I kind of don't think they're canker sores because they're white but maybe they can be different colors for different people.

3. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Thnx! Never thought of looking there. But yee, they say they can be white or gray. Now to hope that they go away soon D'=

4. ArcaneVerse

Canker sores or Ulcers can be a whiteish yellow color, i would say that is what they are. I get them all the time, there are a few things you can get to treat them from your local chemist\pharmacy and maybe even at the supermarket.

There are other things you can do to help them go away like mouthwash or a warm water and salt wash will work well also. (I usually put salt directly onto mine when i dont have anything else, it stings like a bitch but it works for me)

5. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i can imagine that pain. it would be kinda like gettin a cut on your finger then putting vinegar on the cut. its sore. i ate a pak of salt n vinegar crsips and didnt realise it would iritate my cut haha. that s off topic i know, if they dont go away tho you should see a doctor.

6. adam88

If they're whitish and stick in like a crater (not out) then yup, they're cankers. I get them all the time. They hurt like mothers when eating acidic/salty food like pizza, but they go away in a week or so. Try keeping your mouth clean and use mouthwash. There are treatments for them, but the taste (ugh!) is awful enough I just let them heal on their own.

7. Johnnieguy

Dabbing salt on mine with my finger, rinsing with water, and repeating does the trick for me.

The topical medications that taste horrible are also effective, but I only apply them at night after brushing my teeth/using mouthwash so it doesnt get diluted when I eat.