1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoga

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jerr, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Jerr

So, I went through my first class of yoga... and it is completely and totally awesome!!!

I <3'd it. I couldn't go all the way in positions because uh... not flexible but I believe it would help me become more flexible and it relaxed me soo much.

Anyone else do yoga?

I'm taking it as a class in College but I think (if money permits) I'll continue with yoga either taking more classes or go to actual yoga class (not college)

I don't know positions names because well... I payed more attention to copying what she was doing then the name. ...ok and there are two EXTREMELY hot guys in the class... but I mean yeah. I just like yoga a lot and I think it will help me become a better person.

My road rage was even more mellow... I only told 4 people they needed to run off the road and die... (If you ever ride with me... I usually sentence ((yell at them)) 90% of the drivers to death for their bad driving.)

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

It has been a long time Jerr, but when younger I did yoga for many, many years, then things just sorta got in the way to continue. Kinda hard to do a Perfect Pose or Shoulder Stand in the middle of a jungle when hostilities are being engaged in, but I digress.... Actually it is a very helpful form of exercise and does help relax the body (as well as builds it) and the mind. Given time and you will be surprised how flexible you will become, but also how good you will feel.

And yes, if you continue with it, likely you will notice that a number of things done now will fall away (road rage to name one). It is not a total panacea for all things, but certainly an addition to better living. Now just do me a favor and forget the idea later of the ocher robe and begging bowl, some how it just doesn't seem to fit your style :slight_smile:.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am signing my husband up for Yoga, ASAP. LOL He is exactly the same way. Drives me nuts.

4. Kimi

Aww...that's nice. I really want to go yoga class. I'm too damn inflexible:icon_sad: so I'm hoping that yoga would help me to become bit more flexible.

Maybe next year...or end of this year....:eusa_thin

5. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

it sounds real fun. i wouldnt do it now because i am way to busy. but maybe later in life

6. Micah

I've been going to yoga for a few months now. I've really enjoyed the relaxation techniques. They've also helped me sleep at night, as it teaches you to clear your mind.

7. CrimsonThunder

I wanna do Yoga. It seems good.

8. Jerr

My biggest issue I had with it was... when we were stretching and well hands on the legs... I ended up pulling some leg hair... lol soo yeah Yoga makes me want to rid my legs of hair... lol oh well I doubt I will. (Too poor!)

I would really like to start doing yoga on more of a regular bases... more then just Monday Wednesday... Maybe I can take the 2nd 9 weeks class as well.

9. Today4U

I've always wondered about shaving my legs. Will people notice?

10. Jerr

If you put shorts on... lol

All depends on how hairy your legs are now.

People would notice for me but hell... I just don't want to pull my hair out at yoga... but I really do think I'm going to just stick it out because I'm lazy and poor. lol

11. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Seems cool i wana try yoga also

12. Tom

Tom Guest

yoga has always seemed somet tht i shud b lookin into, im naturally flexible and well me judo coach used 2 do yoga and he said it helped him no end at judo, with being more flexible and it was a gr8 workout 2 =] ive quit judo since then but i mite stil try yoga cus flexible is fun! XD

13. CrimsonThunder

Go to the shops and you'll find "nair" which is really cheap. I found em about 20 re-useable strips for 10 bucks!

:confused: you're 14, do you have hair on your legs already?

And I would suggest not shaving them, it only makes them worse the next day.

14. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a Yoga DVD that I like following.

15. ethene

im turning 14 in 3 weeks and i have hair on my legs for like 1 - 11/2 years.
    And yes, shaving the hair just makes them grow faster and stronger.

i think im also gonna give it a try :grin:

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Oooo i always wanted to do yoga my bro has a yoga kit n book

17. Moth

I've wanted to do yoga for a long time now... unfortunately my mother believes it's evil so I've had no chance yet, and once I'm eighteen I'll be so financially unstable that I won't even be able to consider it, but maybe someday I'll get a chance to take some yoga classes...

Let us know how it goes as you continue with classes, Jerr, and any other improvements you may notice. =D

18. Jerr

All it is telling you to do is hold poses to increase your flexibility, stamina, strength, and it helps just give you some quiet relaxation time...

Its roots may have religious ties but that is in the past.

Did my 2nd class today. Was quite lovely. Different teacher (They alternate monday and wednesday) and we went through different poses and did the sun salutations (I think that is what it is called.) I enjoyed it again. lol

The boys weren't there but I managed to stretch good and not rip any on my leg hair. Awesomeness.

19. Jerr

So I haven't updated on this but I will now.

I have made progress! I can touch the ground! lol like just stand feet together and touch the ground in front of me. I've never been able to do that. I hope to do a lot better by the end of this semester.

I asked my teachers and I'm going to be taking it twice a day on my yoga days. (There is a 10 am class and I have nothing that hour so I asked if I could hop in. I'm still doing my 1 class because it is an hour and a half and the 10 class is only 50 minutes.)

Maybe I'll get some pictures of the different poses on here! lol Should be a good laugh. If you've ever seen yoga... you look funny as hell. Those onlooking don't think it is hard but don't dis it until you geet to go through a class with Mrs. Elana... she is insane. lol She has been doing Yoga for years and was trained by the best of the best. (She actually flys places to be taught) She even did yoga while she was pregnant... Four kids in the last 5 years and she taught every step of the way. (She is finally not pregnant this year lol)

20. crimsonarcher

i did yoga for a time with some couisns in summer school..hecka fun!!