1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to get this body

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andytx1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, I'm planning to go to the gym soon

But I'm wondering how do I get this body ...what dod i need to do? \

I'm really skinny ... my arm is like 1/2 the size of his?

[​IMG]

2. KaraBulut

That body style is often called a "swimmer's body". It is thin, low body fat with muscle development in the arms, shoulders and back. It comes from - you probably guessed it - swimming. The resistance of the water in hours and hours of swimming will develop those areas.

If you're new to the gym, don't get too focused on looking like a particular person or a picture that you see. You will want to start with basic strengthening (core) exercises that build strength to the muscles around your spine and then move into a 3 day per week training routine that alternates groups of muscles on different days. The best thing to do is work with a trainer to plan out your routine until you get comfortable with the machines and the free weight area.

The other thing that you need to look at is your diiet. If you want muscles, you have to eat a lot of extra calories- but they need to be the right kind of calories- a low sugar, med carbohydrate, high protein diet. That means passing on candy and desserts and eating a more balanced diet with snacks throughout the day.

3. Taurusguy92

could you give some examples of some of the things you've mentioned? Like what kind of snacks, some examples of core exercises and such.

4. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes please :O and how much swimming will I need? right now I can't even swim 25m ...

P.S: btw did you guys know he's gay ? :slight_smile:

5. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your stamina for swimming will increase rapidly after the first 3 weeks of regular activity. When I started I motivated myself by promising the reward of a Speedo once I could do 10 laps non-stop. Took 3 or 4 weeks to be able to do 10 non-stop. The next day I did 20, and then 40 the day after that. Try to limit (but not eliminate) your fat consumption. Clean burning carbs and protein is what you want.

You will have to find a good skin treatment to maintain a shaven chest like your sample.

Good luck.

6. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't get hair on my chest haha :slight_smile:

7. KaraBulut

There's a good article that defines "core muscles" and gives some examples- both basic and advanced:
    http://askthetrainer.com/best-core-exercises.html

Basic protein snacks- cheeses, hard-boiled eggs, milk and tuna are all high in protein.

The thing to avoid if you're serious about your diet is lack of planning. It's the fast food and the snacking that get people into trouble. Carry healthy snacks with you. Plan your meals when possible- it's just too tempting to hit McDonald's when you're hungry and in a hurry.

8. Johnnieguy

lucky. I need to get mine waxed one of these days. I am sick and tired of shaving, then having stubble, and I have been lazy lately and just let it grow out..But I want my smooth skin back

9. Johnnieguy

You can also buy protein powder to mix into shakes, muffins, cereal, milk, etc that will greatly ramp up your protein intake. Just don't go overboard with it..If you get too much protein, I think it can lead to Kidney stones.

10. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well the thing is, I don't eat and never feel like eating. I don't exercise either and I'm skinny. What can I eat to like increase the calories I need for the gym? Like something simple ... I can't even finish a bowl of food. Also how do I get my skin as smooth as his? Like my skin is smooth but sometimes it has like rough places with these things that feel like pimple (chest)

11. KaraBulut

The problem is that 1) he's of an Asian ethnic group that has very hairless and smooth skin and 2) the picture has been reprocessed in the same way that a Playboy centerfold is processed to look flawless.

You can do things to improve your complexion but no one can look like the guy in the photo without makeup, special lighting and a lot of work in Photoshop.

12. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm asian too so Im hairless :slight_smile:

13. Corny

Corny Guest

His face is obviously and badly paintbrushed and smoothed. His body however is just "well lit" probably with some level adjustment - but it's not really fake.

Also I think even for a swimmer's body he has a bit too small/narrow chest. But that might just be his genes .. his whole build just might be his genes and a very low amount of body fat :wink: