1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got any tips on how to get more energy?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mind Freak, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I'm like always tired! If I don't get like 9 hrs+ of sleep every night, I get lethargic. I like to sleep. A lot. But I don't have that much time on my hands (it's partially my own fault) but I don't think I should need to sleep that much to be energized.

So do you guys have any tips?

Any foods that help with energy?

I hear low iron can cause fatique or something like that and my hands and feet freeze easily so maybe that's the culprit?

2. Aoifeee

Exercise! I ALWAYS doubted it and always used to just tut and ignore when my dad lectured me on the importance of exercise when it came to energy and happiness levels but thankfully I finally gave it a go and I'm telling you, regular exercise rocks :slight_smile:

You could also be suffering from an iron deficiency so try adding more iron into your diet with iron rich foods like red meats and spinach and iron supplements if you're still not getting enough :slight_smile:

3. Sylver

I'll repeat - exercise!! I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but the more you exercise, the more energy you have! It works, trust me, I was a lazy fat bastard for years and now I am addicted to jogging. I have never felt healthier in my life and I have more energy than ever before. And it has the secondary benefit of making you feel better, i.e. happier, because of the endorphins.

Oh, and another thing - exercise!! Get my drift?

4. Camman3

Gotta say that exercise is a great way to go! I've never felt fitter, happier, looked better, or had more energy - I owe it all to my very-active lifestyle now. Nothing serious - you don't want to burn out. Some light jogging and a gym circuit now and again does a lot of good.

However, I would think that your diet plays an even more important role. If you're eating lots of sugars and not enough fruits, vegetables and your diet is not balanced, you will suffer. Lots of sugars cause a spike in energy, which causes you to "come crashing down" until your next sugar "fix".

Eating correctly (see food pyramid for the real basics) can make all the difference. Low GI foods release the energy over a long period of time (as opposed to spikes) and leave you feeling consistently energetic. Plenty of protein and carbohydrates will give you energy and repair muscle growth so daily strain is countered while you sleep and rejuvenate.

If you change your diet and exercise regularly, but you feel no change whatsoever, you should probably consult a doctor. If your extremities lose their circulation often when others around you don't, it could mean that the blood is not flowing quickly enough (called Chillblains)- it could be a heart problem? Anaemia (lack of iron)? Hopefully it's just because of a lack of a balanced diet and regular exercise.

5. Connor22

everyone else really has you covered but whatever you do
    STAY AWAY FROM LUCOZADE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!
    in fact stay away from using energy drinks except for when you are excersizing.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    exersie regularly and eat food high in posium like bannanas.

If you still feel tired all the time you might want to go to ahealth spa and see about body toxification. They use an ionizing process to draw toxins out of your body either through for feet or hands, they build up from toxins in the food you eat and air pollution.

and! like connor said stay away from energy drinks they are bad for your heart and you can become dependant on them like a drug.

7. KaraBulut

In general, the way to get your energy level up in the mornings is to get your body temperature up. You can do this with a warm breakfast, a hot shower, aerobic exercise or a warm drink like hot tea.

Iron deficiency in men is very rare. The research is showing that many men may have an excess of iron in their system, so you should avoid iron supplements. You will get plenty of iron from a balanced diet.

Of all the things that increase energy and elevate mood, exercise is your best bet.

8. starfish

What is your diet like?