1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mens health workouts

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by steve17159, Mar 17, 2010.

1. steve17159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey guys,

Has anyone ever had any success with any of the workout plans they give you in the mens health magazine (usually on a fold out poster). I've been trying a couple and don't always feel like I get as good of a workout as when I do my own routines- so never stuck with anything long term to see if it really works. Has anyone gotten results f/ these workouts?

Thanks

2. Johnnieguy

A friend of mine tried the "Spartacus" workout, and he got RIPPED. He's so chiseled now it's unbelievable.

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

OMG...you guys are psychic...I was in the gym today and I was like "Maybe I start a thread asking the guys on EC if they have workout plans or routines they could suggest"?

4. Johnnieguy

My gym plan is lots of cardio and using every weight machine that my gym has.

5. johny5000

Personal trainers usually laugh at magazine workout routines, they say they're meant to make u buy lots of energizing drinks and pills, i personally wouldn't trust them, just saying!

6. Rikudo

Well I personally haven't tried any of the health magazine's workouts. But we have a coach who is basically a trainer and the workout he's given us is defiantly showing results. You just gotta be patient I didn't really start to see drastic changes til about the week 6.

7. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    this. Dedication is 9/10ths of any sport. it also translates pretty well into other things. personally I bought a men's health magazine, and it's only collected dust so far (since I've been continuing my normal routine).

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he is right. you didn't get out of shapre over night, so you're not going to get back into shape over night either.

9. Dr Acula

Has anyone got a link to this Spartacus workout? I do nightly resistance band exercises, sit ups, press ups, tricep dips etc trying to keep fit for archery, but I'd very much like more lean/defined muscle.

I'm also going to try and take up running a few times a week to burn some fat - I don't have much, but the little bit I have is annoying as I think it disguises my muscle, particularly my stomach.

10. Johnnieguy

http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/workouts/

11. Dr Acula

Cheers - looks like something I could/should be doing.

12. Dr Acula

Ow - just tried it. I think I need some heavier weights though. Will try and do 1/2 sets daily too rather than 3 sets 3 times a week - for one I'd die doing 3 lots, plus I don't want to be huge, just defined, so I think little and often would probably be better.

13. Camman3

I checked up on it now...

The diet given for men tells me that this isn't for under-18s... It's quite a strict-protein diet, too. I think this could potentially be harmful if you aren't checked out by your doctor first or something. I wouldn't do something like this until I'm about 20.

I think I'll just stick to my own gym routine. I'm doing well enough by myself for now. I will consider it once I'm older though, for sure - it looks like a winner. My only concern is the emphasis they place on buying the timer and the supplement - sale sharks??? Makes it look kinda dodge... Though looking at the diet and the exercises it seems like it could be very beneficial, but you would need a lot more than 4 weeks on that program, and your body would start to suffer severely on that diet for more than 4 weeks...

I dunno... I'm quite undecided about it's effectiveness. I'd love to give a try one day to prove it right or wrong.

14. Emberstone

it is always best not to pay attention to any workout you get out of a magazine.

Those workouts are generic, and not tailored to your body, your strengths, and your weaknesses. it is always best to build your own routine, because that way, you're working the areas you need to work on, while focusing less on the ones you already have a good handle of.

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    men's health is kind of like the Cosmo for guys. Remeber those people on the cover are shot in the perfect lighting to showw off their muscles and photoshopped to too.

If you find a routine you like go with it.