1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a workout plan

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dukeguy06, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dukeguy06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

Well, I need a workout plan. I'm not really all that fat, but I'm bigger then I would like. I kinda want to tone myself up. I would go to the gym to workout, put I don't have the money to do that. So is there anything I could do at home? If you could help me, it would really make me happy. :slight_smile:

Thanks Josh.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you could but an excercise DVD like tae bo.

I know you said you can't afford a gym membership, but a wii fit can give you a good work out too.

#2 malachite, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  3. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Push ups work pretty fine. Don't have the greatest body, but it's the best way of staying healthy and fit. At least, if you want a good chest, thick pecks, and muscles, push ups will do the trick.

Don't know about legs though.

4. Emberstone

do you have a college gym. lots of colleges have gyms for their students to use, you just need student id.

Cardio is good for getting into a zone of fat burning. you said you were not fat, but wanted to tone up, so a good cardio program that includes movements to work muscle groups is the best way to go.

push ups dont burn fat very effectively, because your working the muscle, yes, but you burn fat by getting yourself in a target heart range, and keeping yourself there.

I agree that dvd's are a good option if you cant afford a gym membership. just look around, read reviews, and find a few that look effective. you will want to change up your routine periodicly to throw your body off as it has a habit of adapting and making routines less effective. having two lets you switch, as long as they are different enough.

5. Taurusguy92

I'm no fitness expert, but also try to eat healthy and stay consistent with the workouts, because if you don't it's very easy to lose what took so much work to gain

6. Camman3

For fat loss, it is SO easy: seriously just run everyday.

On a diet designed to increase muscle mass and with regular gymming (and running once-twice a day) I went from 15 to 13.5% body fat in just over 5 weeks.

Remember: with running, you want a combination of TIME and INTENSITY. Running at max speed for 5 minutes, or walking for an hour will not burn the way you want it to: Jog/Run at a decent pace for about 15-25 minutes as a beginner runner (once a day). After a week, pick it up to twice a day. After a couple of weeks, you can slowly lengthen your routes. Make sure you plan out different routes so you don't get bored, so your body is tested with different difficulty intensities, and make sure they are relatively safe - side streets away from main roads in secure suburbs are great. I wouldn't recommend listening to music because you become vulnerable. Find other ways to inspire yourself to finish your route each time - do not ever walk. If you end up walking, then you may need to re-assess your route, it could be too difficult. Lastly, enjoy it!:grin:

Your diet is going to play a role as well. Eat healthy foods. Eat fruit and veggies more often. Eat fibre 15 minutes before every meal to make you feel more full by the time you get to the meal. make sure you are still eating 6 times a day, but food with enough energy, but not as much as usual to keep your metabolism high. Stock your fridge with your favourite healthy snacks, so that when you get cravings for sweet foods, you have plenty to eat in place of it. Remember, deviating slightly every now and again isn't going to destroy the world. If your friends are going out for Pizza some night, tag along and just have a great time!

If you want to tone the muscles on your body, you need to do light weights with many reps. I am not sure.... but I think your muscles need to be a little bit pumped for them to really show... Kara Bulut will know >.<

This is just what I did. I suggest you PM Kara Bulut if you need extra help and remember that the people posting here have subjective or pre-conceived objective views, including myself. I am only repeating what I have learned from the internet/ sources at school/ books THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME. An expert will be of more accurate assistance.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a ton of different workout plans that work. The key is to find one that you'll like enough (or, at least, not dislike enough) to stick with it. Jogging/running is great unless you decide you hate it, in which case you'll have a real tough time doing it every day.

I personally use WiiFit. And I've had good success with it - I started at 250 lbs, and now I'm hovering around 215. But I can't say it's for everybody. Not everybody would feel comfortable (or interested) in stepping on and off a board, or pedaling an imaginary bicycle, or jogging in place for half an hour at a stretch. I actually think it's fun, but I'm sure it ain't everybody's cup of tea.

You might give the WiiFit a try to see if it interests you. Several stores (like Sports Authority) have a demo set up in their store so you can give it a try. You might also try renting exercise DVDs of various stripes - aerobics, dancing, tae bo, what have you - and seeing if you enjoy them. Also, do give jogging a try. You'll probably have to start REALLY slow - jog around the block until you feel dead tired, then walk the rest of the way. But you might find you like it enough to stick with it.

Lex

8. Jim1454

I needed a program that was laid out for me - because I was clueless as well. So something like Wii Fit would be great. I have been using the P90X program from Beachbody. It comes with exercise DVDs as well as a diet plan. I've lost close to 40lbs over the past 9 months - most of that in the first 3 months when I followed the program very closely.

I've started the program again this week to lose another 10lbs or so. Wish me luck!

9. Sylver

Take up jogging - it costs you nothing except a decent pair of running shoes. If you're a solitary jogger like me, find a quiet out of the way trail in a local park and just go for it. I like to power walk for about 20 minutes, jog for 20, then power walk for another 20. If I'm tight for time I'll cut down the walks and increase the running by a little. I'm pretty much up to a daily routine now, and I've never felt better! I've also identified 3 different trails all of about the right length, so I have some variety. Some have a decent grade on them which mixes it up and challenges me a little more.

If you're a social type of person, join a local running group, or just ask a few friends or acquaintances if they'd go running with you. I live in a small town on the outside of a big city and even here there's a running group! Plus it's a great way to make some new friends.

In a previous thread Jim (above) had referenced a running program that made a lot of sense to me, so I kept the link;

http://c25k.com/

It's a brilliant way to go from a beginner to a relatively consistent jogger in just a few weeks.

10. padre411

This is a 10-Week Plan for people 40 and over but it might be a good beginning for someone in your age bracket.

Peace,

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you do buy a work out DVD buy that has several workouts on it that way you can give yourself a variety.

12. Johnnieguy

Running/jogging is good, but remember that it is hard on your knees (especially if you run on pavement). Get a bicycle and give that a go in addition to jogging to give your knees a break. Swimming is good too, and I don't know about where you live, but there are tons of lakes near me that you can swim in (motor-boat free, too).

Are there any rivers by you? See if you can get a kayak or a canoe and that can be a great workout too.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^

Swimming is a great work out, but don't kick off the wall if your swimming laps; and alternate between using your arms and legs. you'll feel it the next day.