1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Results so far from new year's resolution

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ThePug, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ThePug

On New Years Eve I told myself that I was going to start losing weight. I kind of had a goal in my mind to get down to 200 pounds by my birthday, which is June 28th. It's now April 2nd and so far I've lost 45 pounds and am down to 220!

The first few days of changing my eating habits were the toughest, but I did a solid two weeks of eating extremely healthy and calorie counting. I also bought a gym membership for 1 year and started going 4 days a week for an hour at a time doing treadmill and exercise bike. After two weeks I started attending less and not counting calories, but kept in mind what I ate. I'm now at a point where I am going to the gym around 3 times a week and having fast food only once in a while.

Hope this helps inspire someone.

2. GhostDog

Holy crap, that's awesome! Way to go. =D

3. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

thats amazing. congrats and keep up the work!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kick ass! I've managed to go from 250 to about 215 (although I'm betting I'm back up to 220 now), so I understand how tough it can be. Keep it up!

Lex

5. ThePug

Thanks everyone! I love to watch the Biggest Loser every week for the drama and inspiration. Bob Harper has twittered and encouraged his followers to drink no soda for one month, gonna try it!

6. starfish

The no soda thing helps.

I've managed to give up soda a couple of times, and each time I have noticed a weight loss. I'm sure a lot of it is just water weight, but all of that artificial sweetener, sodium and caffeine can't be good for me.

Soda is one of my vices and the longest I have managed to give it up is a month.

Good luck.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really think you should just give up fast food altogether. It's not that hard, you just eat other things. There's an additive in fast food that is the reason we come back. If you can go cold turkey for like two weeks, it should allow you to never have to go again. In a way fast food is like smoking.

8. KaraBulut

45 pounds is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.

A couple of suggestions on the fast food. There's really two issues with fast food- the convenience and what you actually eat there.
    1. Plan your meals out ahead of time. A lot of people find themselves in the drive-through because they're hungry and in a hurry and need to eat something. If you've planned your meals into your day, you will know what you'll be eating, where and when beforehand. And you'll be less tempted to go for the quick and easy option.
    2. Don't make a fast food restaurant a punishment/reward thing. Instead, get to know the menu at fast-food places. Most of them have low-calorie options, healthy meals or salads. Figure out what you can eat there, that way if one of your friends wants to go grab something at a fast food place, you'll know what you can eat there that is on your diet.

9. ThePug

I've looked up the calories at places like Burger King and get the smallest thing like the whopper jr and always get small instead of large. I generally try to go to subway for any fast food if I need it. The only time I really go to fast food anymore is when friends want to. My friends will want to eat there or it will be just something for us to do and I will grab something. I think in addition to having no soda I will try the no fast food for a month and see how that goes.

10. Jim1454

Congrats on losing that much weight! That's awesome. I've managed to take a few more pounds off, but I lost most of my weight last year. (I'm down 40lbs since last July!)

When I go for fast food now I have a salad or I have chili. I avoid the burgers and fries.