1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloodshot Eyes

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ben, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Ben

Ben

So my eyes have been bloodshot for the past couple of weeks now, particularly my right.
    And I think it's even more bloodshot than it was to begin with so it might be getting worse.
    Nothing had changed around that time or anything so I don't really understand where it's come from.

Anyway I guess my question is how long to leave it before seeing a doctor, and what the probably causes of bloodshot eyes are. And maybe if anyone else gets them and knows why.

Merci~.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is allergy season, at least here it is, but you might have pink eye. If is doesn't improve in a few days go to the doc, and be careful pink, while most just an annoyance, is highly contagious.

3. Darkwing65

Reefer will do that to you. lol jk. Yeah my allergies are killing me, and have been for a while. It's quite annoying.

4. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    your eyes could be dry, or strained. if you use a computer (or sit close to a tv) lots make sure you get breaks, because when you are using a computer you blink less and your eyes dry out, then the blood vessels come to the surface for oxygen because they cant get it from the moisture, as there isnt enough to go around - optomitrical WIN by me right there!! =]

5. Ben

Ben

Idk if it's pink eye because they're not irritated at all. That's the same for allergies as well—I do get hay fever but I'm not sneezing and my eyes aren't sore or itchy or irritated or anything. They're just really veiny and red…
    It might be dry I guess. Idk. Thanks =)

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    could be eye strain, you might need glasses.

7. Ben

Ben

mm I do need my eyes checked actually

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good way to figure out if you have pink eye, which I had two months ago, is when you wake up is there any yellow pus/discharge or are your eyes stuck together at all? I found that my eyes when I woke up would be stuck together because of the build up of discharge, quite annoying really. I suggest good things to do are put cold compresses on your eyes if they're really irritating. DO NOT scratch it with your fingers, that just brings more bacteria into your eyes and that's the last thing your eyes need pink eye or even just irritation. Rinse out your eyes with water and if you can this means actually rinsing your eyes while they're open not closed cuz otherwise the water will barely get in there. I say this part because you could possibly have an irritant like dirt or something in your eyes and that's why they're bloodshot. I'll continue more when I return from work but just maybe try suggestions and also check your eyes for any sign of yellowish or whitish discharge. But I'd still go to your doctor, remember they know the stuff, we're just people giving our own opinions.

9. Ben

Ben

I'm not getting any puss or anything like that. It's totally superficial but it's pretty bad. But if I do then I'll keep that in mind ^^ Thanks Revan~

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember to see your doctor bud, it would be a wise investment.

11. Ben

Ben

I'm going to book an appointment in the morning ^^ thanks