1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do free trials on diet pills work?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MusicIsLife, Apr 13, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

This may sound like a totally idiotic question, but im not sure exactly how it works. does this mean that i get one bottle of pills for free, then if i wish to buy some more bottles of the product, i need to pay? sorry if I sound like a ditz, but i just wanna verify so that I dont dig myself into a hole, you know?

For those who are wondering, its a free trial on an Acai Berry diet pill that a friend recommended to me.

2. ThePug

If they ask for a credit card off hand then it's not free. They will automatically start billing the card and/or charge for shipping right off the bat.

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

It's mostly irrelevant whether or not they start billing you right away (and they will rob you blind).
    Diet pills don't work. Don't waste your time (and money) with an attempt at a quick fix. It doesn't exist.

4. Étoile

They don't.

5. Zumbro

Contrary to what everyone else says, I'm going to say go for it if you really want to, but it isn't as easy as it sounds.

As far as billing, I think the usual method is that they automatically bill you unless you call them to cancel, or they require you to buy something in order to get a free bottle. If there's no strings attached, that's fine, but make sure you read the fine print.

As far as diet pills not working, I don't think this is entirely true. Karabulut may correct me, but often all diet pills do is reduce your appetite. They only work in conjunction with regular exercise and healthy eating, which they say right on the bottle usually. There is no magic solution, which is why the pills usually fail. Eating healthy and exercising regularly will do the trick without the pills most likely.

6. Sylver

I have strong feelings on diet pills, and without wanting to ignite a debate, I'll just put out my concerns. For one thing many of them rely on stimulants like ephedrine to curb appetite. They work to some extent, but they can have serious health consequences - just scan the Internet for the health risks of ephedrine. Caffeine is also an appetite-suppressing stimulant, so what do they do? They mix these together! In my mind these can be dangerous chemicals and should be regulated, but whatever...

The other thing is that diet pills can become a crutch that detracts you from solving the core problems that lead to being overweight (assuming that's why you want them). What happens when you've lost the weight and you're off the pills, but you still have the bad eating habits and are eating food that is unhealthy? I guess my caution here would be to use these pills only as a supplemental tool in a larger program to eat healthy and get your weight under control.

Oh, and this;

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090323/acai_090323/20090323