1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need an X-ray?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MusicIsLife, Apr 15, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So i'm constantly inventing new ways of hurting myself. I'm a huge klutz with a high pain tolerence, which sometimes isnt a good combination.

That being said over easter weekend I sprained both my ankles. down to where the laundry room is we have a gate set up so the dogs cant get down. My mom had sent me down there to get the mop and I thought, "hey I bet I can get the mop without climbing over the gate!" So I was leaning over the gate, leaning, leaning...then out of nowhere the gate slid forward, turning the stairs into a slide, i fell forward but hooked my feet on the doorframe so i didnt fall down the stairs.

The result was first shock, i was dazed and very shakey, i scraped my palms and sprained both ankles. I knew I had sprained them cause I couldnt walk and they had swollen up rly fast. Plus ive sprained everything at least twice before this so im familiar with it.

The thing that is worrying me is that one of the ankles still hurts semi-frequently if i stand too long or walk for too long. Not like a sprain-type pain, more like a sharp stinging.

I'm not sure what it is, should i see the doctor about it or wait til it goes away?

2. Breakdown

ouch that would of been sore (*hug*)

i think u should go c a doctor about it, coz if it hurts in a sharp stinging pain thats not good.

3. Chandra

If it was a bad enough sprain it could take a while to heal, and I suspect that if it were broken you wouldn't be able to walk on it at all. But there's no harm in getting it checked out to be sure.

*is also a klutz, and has sprained ankles several times*

4. KaraBulut

Repeated sprain injuries are cumulative. And with each severe sprain, the risk of reinjury is increased.

If you're still having pain and swelling, you should see your doctor. You might also benefit from short term physical therapy to strengthen the muscles in the area of injury.