1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathroom

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Last year, when I was on Seroquel, my digestive system slowed to a crawl; I would use the bathroom maybe twice a week (if that). That along with an increased appetite from the meds caused weight gain that was more than desirable.

My psych nurse practitioner took me off Seroquel, I lost the weight, and my digestive system was fine (using the bathroom about once every day).

But lately, I'm starting to notice it slowing down. I tried to use a stool softener, but it doesn't help. I've also noticed that when I do use the bathroom, the quantity is significantly reduced as well. My weight has also gone up - I feel bloated.

I eat plenty of roughage (I have a chicken pita loaded with vegetables for lunch during the week) and other foods that should aid in the digestive process, but they don't seem to help.

2. Love etc

Try adding more fiber. Eat some AllBran or raisin Bran. If that stuff doesn't work I don't know what will. Try drinking more water too and less caffeinated beverages which would dehydrate you. Stool's easier to pass when you've eaten fiber and had enough water.

3. KatieIt

Have you tried Lactulose? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactulose
    It's usually recommended for children and babies with chronic constipation. And drink a lot of water, as Love etc said. Fruits like kiwis and plums also help.