1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANNOT EAT FRUIT, Milk + Food = Bad, HELP

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for the caps.

So basically I've been having problems with my stomach/chest/whatever for over 11 years now and often it's either to do with fruits/certain veggies or milk. Basically I get a build-up of pain in my chest and it feels like what might be acid reflux. The problem is I get it EVERY SINGLE TIME I eat fruit and certain veggies. And I'm not talking just acidic fruits like apples and oranges, I'm talkin eeeeeeverything, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, mangos, ANYTHING (I know many I listed are also citrus types I'm just saying, name a fruit, I get pain). And seriously it will not go away for a long time. Like sometimes a full hour or more. As for veggies, I rarely ate them anyway when I could eat fruit (back before I was 10), but like celery I don't enjoy anymore because it gives me some pain. Seriously the only veggies I eat are potatoes, and as everyone knows, STARCH, which isn't good for you.

As for the milk thing, this is very odd. I can drink milk fine and dandy, but if I have milk, or chocolate milk, or strawberry milk, basically anything that's just milk, not tea though, just plain glass of some form of milk, and I have food too, and say I swallow them at the same time, it feels like the food gets stuck in my chest on the way to my stomach. It doesn't inhibit my breathing or anything like that, like I'm not choking, but it's VERY uncomfortable, like PAINFUL, and I cannot drink or eat anything once this happens cause it does go down sure but it just causes more "bubbles" at the same time.

I have seen my doctor for this and even gotten a bromine test (drinking what are like pop rocks followed by goop to get an X-Ray) and it came back fine. My doctor tells me to condition myself to eat these things but it's easier said then done. I mean I've TRIED conditioning myself and eating some fruit for the past ten years but PAIN EVERY TIME. And the whole food + milk thing, I will admit, I think I have some form of allergy to milk products because I also feel like I'm sweating if I eat cheese (non-processed I think, like eating Kraft Singles or a grilled cheese? That's easy. But having cheese cubes or similar? It feels like I'm sweating on my forehead even though I'm not. So I think this food + milk thing is some form of allergy but I love milk too much to want to give it up....And like I said with the fruit thing, my doctor basically DID NOT HELP at all.

Please someone, Kara, or whoever, tell me what I should do because I want to be able to eat fruit again because I really believe if I can eat fruit again? No more junk food because I use to love fruit as a kid and scarfed it down all the time, I basically only went processed and such when this problem started.... And help with the milk thing too...

PS I also am getting the pains even when not having fruit, but they don't last for as long and actually spring up just randomly like right now and I haven't had food in four hours (yes I know you shouldn't eat after 8 thanks).

So yeah......HELP

2. KaraBulut

Given that you're saying the problem is getting worse, it's time to see a gastroenterologist.

3. Corny

Corny Guest

you mentioned allergies .. but did you get tested for allergies? the chest-pain kinda sounds like what I get (just not as severe as what you describe) when I eat a certain kind of banana, and my allergist confirmed this to me.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I should maybe see an allergist first? Kara, what do you think? I mean wouldn't a gastroenterologist be rather expensive?