1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drugs a problem?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CryCrazy27, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CryCrazy27

i know this is a coming out forum, but i was wondering if anyone has had any serious drug problems and could possibly share your story. pm me if needed, im just curious. ive witnessed and gone through too much sh!t for a lifetime. i just like hearing stories, its refreshing. thx in advance.

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... I don't have any personal stories because my life is kinda vanilla that way. The only mind-altering drug I've come in contact with is alcohol, although one or two others have definitely piqued my interest. *grin*

But I do have a friend who was a regular-ish crystal meth user, which I found somewhat disturbing. He was a pretty high-functioning user and I don't think was what most people would think of when you say "addict," but he had this very nonchalant attitude towards that drug, and drugs in general, and was very much of the mindset that people who are addicts are people who are weak-willed and essentially can't control themselves and their substance (ab)use.

That didn't seem like a very... savvy attitude to me, given what I've heard about crystal meth and its effects/pull/addictiveness.

So his crystal use led to this incredibly... well, I call it a "gay" moment at one of my parties. More like "crazy unbelievable/melodramatic," though. Basically me, him, and some other people were sitting around drinking and talking and he takes out pen cap, loads it with some white crystalline stuff, and snorts it. Like... right in front of me. And others. Wipes his nose and calmly informs us that it was crystal--and not the first hit he'd had that night.

Now I don't know about you but that alternately fascinated and repelled me. What seriously blew me away is that it's such a HUGE lapse of manners. I mean, I wasn't at all aware he was already high--he wasn't acting out or anything so well if he's high, what do I care if it doesn't effect me, I figure. And hey, if he wants to do a noseful of crystal in the privacy of my bathroom, again where it doesn't really affect anyone, I'm in the camp that what I don't know isn't gonna hurt me or my other guests. But to put on a SPECTACLE like that... it was so very "I'm thumbing my nose at you" (no pun intended)! It's like... doing drugs as a method of garnering attention.

And the funny thing is that this is the guy who always treats me like I'm a naive newbie who he has to roll his eyes at and look heavenward when I say something gauche and "out of touch." This despite the fact that really, there are several examples of me having a much better grounding in "reality" than he does, the public crystal snorting being only one such situation.

But the kicker is that at the next party of mine he attended, he informed that he'd stopped doing crystal because of the "small psychotic episode" he'd had a month prior! I'm still curious: how does one have a "small" psychotic episode?! Isn't that like "sorta" having sex? Or being "kinda" gay?

I just have to laugh because it's so... well, he's so full of himself and one day I just look forward to just pointing that out to him in some kind of undeniably unarguable way. In the meantime, I humour him--not that we're close and that I see him all that often. The frustrating thing is that he's one of the few people I feel really appreciates me for all the qualities I want to be appreciated for. So his self-delusional antics are a little more annoying than they'd be in someone who I thought was a total knob.

It's funny... now that I think of it, really only truly dysfunctional people seem to appreciate me in the way I figure I should be appreciated. I wonder if that means anyth--nah, probably just a coincidence. :lol:

3. drhladnjak

Well, the way drug education is done and the way mainstream media portrays drug abuse in this country sometimes involves exaggeration. I don't want to downplay how a number of drugs (including crystal meth) can really mess your life up (including death), but there are a surprisingly large number of functional users (even addicts) out there.

A lot of the stuff you read or hear says that if you try a certain drug just once or twice, it's almost certain you will become an addict spiralling downwards until you hit rock bottom. In reality, that doesn't always occur, although it does occur enough that I still think it's a bad idea to experiment with certain substances.

I wish I could find it again, but I read some article about a study involving the use of meth vs. alcohol by gay men. The results were surprising in that the authors determined that more HIV cases were attributable to alcohol than to meth even when taking into the proportions of people using either one (or both). The bottom line is that frightening stories about meth sell more newspapers than frightening stories about alcohol. That's not to downplay that HIV transmission rates while somebody is under the influence of alcohol or meth are way higher than for somebody who is sober.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Oh common guys...three measly posts for a thread of this calibur...common. There are alot of people struggling with drug problems out there...dont be afraid to own up...admitting is the first step. This thread could really help if you know anyone who has a drug problem and want to get them some help through you.

5. Dejavu

Ok i live in a pretty rough area, Heroin use/abuse is commonplace where i live. You can find addicts anywhere around. im not gonna say iv never taken drugs infact im gonna do the oposit, im gonna explain what i take why i take it and what that does to me.

Ok, im a regular user of Ecstacy. Yeah you hear the stories about ppl dieing when they take it. But in acctlual fact theres only about 10 deaths a year related to taking the drug, most deaths happen because ppl dont know what they are dong or what to expect. Alot of ppl drown through drinking too much while "off it". I take E's whenever i go out to a club or some other event, i love it its a great feeling aslong as you keep yourself under control and not go flying off the handel it can be the best experiance you can get through an illegal substance. Yes iv had one or 2 bad moments from using too much ecstacy but iv never even come close to death.

Ok, Ketamine, another regularly used drug in the clubs of cardiff, not my fave drug of all time but if you wanna chill out and just hop allong with everything then this is the sucker, iv nt take this in a club envioment but it super chills you out with a really fuzzy warm buzz. yah i know you cant get the real feel for unless you take it. And NO! im not gonna encourage it as its not good for you and you could have a bad experiance.

Now yes Crystal Meth IS the root of most evil when it comes to drugs its one of the drugs i will never try, its a drug that will rot your head from the inside out, a constant sexdrive mabee..... but is that worth being pennyless and the loss of dignity when you get so old looking for ur age that you loose all self respect. No i didnt think so. Up on this list of drugs i will never take is "smack" aka heroin or "brown" its just too highly addictive and ruins lives through having no money to support the habbit, then going on to commit crimes to buy the stuff and its just a slpperly slope from there.

Ok im gonna shut up now but m gonna leave you with my version of "Generation E"

4 x grms of Ketamine
    1 x E
    1 x Spliff (eeeew)
    1 x pack of cigs
    Excessive?
    At least he dosent drink.

If you want info on any drugs just ask and ill happily provide my thoughts on it.

6. cutegayjessie

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    im a daily weed user,but i used to smoke crack -_- but ive been clean for 5 months :grin:

7. BiscuitQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    @cutegayjessie good on u!!!! I know someone who quit smack and they said it was the hardest thing evr, *hugs*

8. BudderMC

While I'm sure the user appreciates the support, this thread is over 5 years old, so I doubt they'll ever see it.

This thread will now be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.