1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nose bleeds

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by HalfInsane, Apr 26, 2010.

1. HalfInsane

Previously I've only had two nosebleeds in my life, yet today I've already had five of them (only my right nostril, though). I do have a bit of a cold, but I am not sneezing or blowing my nose, as I'm not stuffed up, nor is my nose really dry.

I'm not about to run into the doctor's office just yet, but if this doesn't stop in a few days, is that cause for concern? And if not, is there anything I can do to prevent more nose bleeds if they do continue? I'm starting to feel a bit silly always having to run to the bathroom so as to hold my nose and stuff toilet paper up it.

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

I used to suffer from nose bleeds all the time. it was mostly to do with hayfever. as i have gotten a few years older the bleeds have calmed alot. if you continue to get them all the time and its annoying you then you can see the doctor and he will maybe suggest to get your nose cotterised. i might be wrong but i think it has something to do with the thiness of blood vessels in the nose or something. but dont worry too much about it. nose bleeds happen to alot of people and is nothing really. maybe you should also look into getting some anti-histamines incase it is to do with hayfever too.

3. KaraBulut

Nosebleeds are a question of how much and how long.

A nosebleed from injury or from irritation (dry air, a cold, etc) should resolve on its own. It's not uncommon to see a little pinkness from bleeding on tissue when you blow your nose. However, if you are seeng blood coming out of your nostrils, then you have a more serious nosebleed.

Sometimes it will help to apply pressure to the bridge of the nose by squeezing it between your index finger and thumb. Also during periods of dry air or colds, it sometimes helps to use petroleum jelly and a humidifier to keep the inside of the nose moist.

It's only when it is a significant amount of blood and it continues for more than 20 minutes that we recommend going to the emergency room.

4. HalfInsane

Petroleum jelly? Alright, I'll definitely try that, thanks :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the time I was in my mid-teens to early 20s, I used to get random nosebleeds. Just started happening, and they would just occur randomly, no reason, nothing to cause it (I never had allergies or anything like that.) But equally randomly, they just went away. My doctor at the time said it wasn't uncommon and as long as it wasn't too frequent (mine were maybe a couple times a month at the peak) it wasn't anything to worry about.

6. TwistedNerve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get nosebleeds often but they are due to allergies and temprature change (making my nose dry very quick). It only happends through my right nostril as well. Unless your feeling lightheaded I wouldnt worry. Oh also put ice on your nose, slows the bleeding down.

7. Damon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i know where ur coming from with the nosebleeds mines used to be caused by allergies (im weird) but theres a way to stop the nosebleeds i forget wht its called and yes it hurts but your nose wont ever bleed again and it wont be all nasty from colds either