1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss & Exercise

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by travelinsoul21, May 2, 2010.

1. When you lose weight, where does the first weight loss come from? How can you target certain areas like say I want to focus on my upper and lower chest or my legs and thighs?

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

To target certain areas, just look up targeted exercises for that area. That will make it so you loose most of your weight there.

3. Eccentric

huh, i always heard that you can't really target weight loss
    targeted exercises will build muscle in that area, but not necessarily lose the fat in that area
    but i may be misinformed

4. Nialla

Nialla Guest

This is true, as far as I know. It's like putting weight on...you never know where it's going to go, and different people put weight on different areas. E.G. I put weight on around my hips and abdomen, but the first place I've been losing fat from since going to the gym are my thighs.

In terms of routine, the best way to start out is general cardio to get your overall fitness level up, and then do toning exercises for each area you want to concentrate on. It's important to make sure you don't completely neglect - for example - your arms if you want to work on your legs.