1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you talk about safe sex without sounding insulting?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MusicIsLife, May 2, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So my gf and I have been together about two months, and though neither of us are ready for sex yet, I do know that in her last relationship, from what shes told me it was very sexual (with another girl).

Now when the time comes, I do want to discuss safe sex with her, but I don't know how to do it without sounding like a jerk for assuming that her last partner may have given her something.

Also, apart from dental dams, what other lesbian safe sex stuff should I be aware of?

ps: sorry if this is in the wrong section>.>

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll let somebody else discuss the safe sex stuff, since that's outside my ken. But as far as talking about it, it's pretty simple - keep it all on you. "I decided early on that once I became sexually active, I was always going to practice safe sex. So when we do start having sex, I'll be making sure to keep us both safe."

Lex

3. Eleanor Rigby

4. kettleoffish

I'd say this as well, let her know it's a personal thing about you, nothing to do with her. Better safe than sorry, that sort of thing.

5. KaraBulut

Well, safer sex isn't really a discussion. It's a statement of what you will and won't do.

That can take the form of, "I care enough that I want to be responsible for your health and my health, so I want to be safe".

Or in the less delicate way of saying it (at least for guys), "No glove. No love. No debate."