1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girly part questions.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gin Uh Fur, May 3, 2010.

1. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

so earlier this week i was having sharp pains in the lady parts. i went to the doc and explained i havnt had my period in over a year. well turns out i had a uti but thats not the major point.

he said from what he could tell there was no reason i shouldnt be having my period. i dont have any STDs or or anything like that.

i have put on a bit of weight this year but im fairly active. so i dont think weight would stop my period for a year.

does anyone know what might? im going to make an appointment somewhere to see a vagina doctor after i start working but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas

also, how does one get a uti?

2. Corny

Corny Guest

As far as I know women can get an UTI from sex, just because of the mechanical "stimulation" so it might be from masturbating as well .. that being said there are plenty of other ways to get it. The important part is that you are treating it now :slight_smile:

I can't tell you much about having periods or not having periods .. but it seems you went to a general/family doctor? A gynecologist might be the better address for this kind of issues.

3. KatieIt

Well there could be many reasons for you not having your period, actually. One of them - a fairly common one - might be polycystic ovary syndrome, for example. I agree with Corny - go see a gynecologist.

4. Chandra

5. Winny719

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have PCOS. Look it up then go see an OBGYN or free clinic and ask for a blood test

6. jangel

Hi I used to be alot heavier and I was really active at about 300lbs I had not had a period in 4 years I lost 110 lbs 4 years ago and like clockwork it has been here every month so I do know that can play a part no matter how active. I played one 4 sports teams then! but PCOS may be another reason or hormone inbalance