1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Extremely lazy) Losing weight question.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jay, May 11, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay

Hi :slight_smile: Haven't been here for a while but I have to ask something. I am the Couch Potato King. By eating healthy, can I still lose weight?
    I have to lose 30 pounds in 90 days. And I'll try to exercise everyday, like jogging and stuff, but can I remotely lose at least 0.3 pounds/day by eating healthy? Right now I am 50 pounds over my ideal weight...

2. HalfInsane

Healthy weight loss is considered to be losing no more than 1-2 pounds a week, meaning in three months you should lose no more than 26 pounds (which is darn close to your goal of 30).

You can lose weight by eating healthy, but it isn't as rapid as if you combine diet and exercise. Another thing to keep in mind, is how much you eat. There is too much of a good thing after all. Something like whole grain bread is good for you, sure, but not if you eat three slices.

Try to stay away from simple carbs and fat, and do a bit of moderate exercise daily. This can be anything, really. A walk, weight lifting. Whatever you can fit in. Every bit helps.

Something I've done in the past if I want to lose a bit of weight quickly is to go on a vegan diet for a while. And a fanatically healthy one at that. Eat primarily vegetables and protein rich foods like legumes, tofu (if you can tolerate it), nuts, seeds, etc. Avoid all simple carbs (potatoes, white bread, processed cereals), instead, go only for whole grain (and even then, don't over do it). And while doing this, eat small amounts of food frequently rather than large meals, and only until you're satiated, never eat past the point of just being comfortable (admittedly, I tend to eat a bit past the point of comfort when it comes to certain foods xD). Moderate exercise during this time is very helpful, too, if you're up to it. I realize this method may not appeal to everyone, but if done right (as in, eating enough but not too much) it really works great.

Oh! And if you're thirsty, drink water. Lots and lots of water. Steer clear of sugary drinks, including fruit juice. Despite what a lot of people will say, fruit juice isn't that great for you (it's loaded with sugar, even if none is added... and far more concentrated that if you were eating the fruit itself).

#2 HalfInsane, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

30lbs in 90days...thats alot in little time....

start out by eating 5-6 small meals a day...that will boost your metabolism...they have to be healthy meals...no more eating pizza...pizza=tons of carbs...giving up soda for water will also shed weight fairly fast...

go on runs or bike rides or to the gym if you are a member at one..everyday..

lifting weights burns alot of calories making the body into muscle..

hope some of this info helps you! :icon_bigg

4. ColdSnap

weight loss is simple, eat healthier, eat less, move more. Everyone knows what foods are good for them, so eat those, don't eat as much as you do now, and move about more, walk/cycle instead of driving or bus getting. Jog round the local park a few times a week. It's about changing to a healthy lifestyle, that's the best, healthiest and safest way to lose weight, and keep it off :slight_smile:

5. rubyface

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I at one time was 210 lbs with a level of body fat retardedly off the charts, now I am 160 of pure mussle, and some rediculous low level of body fat, if any at all. So you know, for my stats: I am 6'0 with a large build. How did I do it? Cardio, and a 10 lbs weight, and that's all I needed.

Bringing something like a workout into your rutine needs to be done slowly. If you are using weights, DON'T do it daily, you'll hurt yourself. Like anything else, you need to start slow with low weight, and work your way up. It's also about quality over quantity. If you jog around the park, get yourself those 3 lbs wrap things that go around ankles and your arms. Low resistance is key when it comes to cardio.

Resistance + high speed = more calories burned
    Resistance + slow speed = more mussle gain

Heres what I did when I started:
    -During the summer time, I rollerbladed, biked, and walked, EVERYWHERE! (I also live in a condenced city so getting to place to place is easy in those standards)

- my workout rutine at start all with 4 second reps - 3 times a week:
    10 mins on treatmill, casual jog or run, depended on my energy level at the time (not my mood, this was done everyday reguardless)
    3 sets of 10 biscept curles with a 5lbs weight
    3 sets of 10 crunches (NOT SIT UPS)
    3 sets of 10 reverse crunches
    3 sets of 10 butterflys

My rutine now:
    3 sets of 20 of all the above, 6 second reps, with a 10lbs weight 4 times a week.

My drive: An alarm, and a picture of a guy I had set as my background on my computer who was fit, and I always wanted to look like that. Set an alarm on your computer, on a clock, somewhere, to a time you KNOW you'll be home on select days. Eventually you'll just start doing it naturally.

Don't wanna leave the TV? sure, do it ALL infront of the TV.

KEEP A GOOD ATTITUDE! It will keep you going!

Hope that helped! :slight_smile:

<3 Ruby

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so, how long til you started seeing results?