1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick with i dont know what?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MusicIsLife, May 16, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

I woke up saturday morning/afternoon & i really did not feel well. I was sluggish and i kept burping & getting that sulfur taste in my mouth. About an hour later I was in the bathroom puking my guts out. It had the texture of mud, which was a bit odd too.

I called in sick to work then went to bed and slept on and off for 5 hours, when i woke up I was weak and dizzy, with a pounding headache. I took some meds for the headache and ate a little (lettuce, peanut butter sauce and tofu) and then watched the sound of music, played some video games and did everything to avoid leaving my bed.

I've also had up and down body temperature. One minute i'm sweating, the next im shivering.

I dont feel sick anymore but im coughing a lot, peeing a lot, and the body temperature up and down thing too. I've been keeping myself hydrated with various teas (mostly silver needle, peppermint or ginger) and even with this my pee (though clear) smells strongly of ammonia.

Should I see a doctor, or will it pass on its own?

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds like a stomach bug or flu of some description.

i'd suggest avoid the tea, as i THINK tea is a diuretic. drink water instead.

i'm the type of irresponsible fool who would let it play itself out, but you should see a doctor.

3. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Go to the doctor asap, if it worsens before you see your doc, go to the hospital. That's some serious stuff. What color was your puke? And about the urine, since you say you are keeping yourself hydrated, you should get that looked into as it could mean kidney or liver issues. If your skin or whites of your eyes turn yellow, go to the hospital immediately. But don't put this off, it could be VERY serious.

4. MusicIsLife

It was brown, but I assumed it was from the cupcakes I had eaten the night before :/

5. Fargo

Fargo Guest

You have a serious ulcer going on then. Perhaps the ammonia smell is from anemia because I think if certain things aren't in the blood to help with wastes that enters the bladder, I it will cause that. And if you are anemic, that would also be a reason for your body temp variations. I suggest you make a trip to the emergency ward as soon as you can to get either an ultra-sound, barium, or scope, and a TBC(I think that's the abbreviation? Total blood cell count?).

Also, have you taken any medications recently that may have accidentally overdosed on or had been taken with alcohol?

#5 Fargo, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  6. KaraBulut

It sounds like you have a gastrointestinal virus- commonly called "stomach flu".

These things tend to run their course in 24-48 hours. Rest and fluids is the treatment of choice. If your fevers do not return to normal after 2 days or the vomiting/diarrhea continue then contact your doctor.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

It's most likely the flu. If it were an ulcer, you would be constantly puking blood. So, unless you've been puking the entire time, and it eventually turned red..

Stay home for a few days. There's no need to go to the doctor. All they will say is it's the flu and tell you to go home.

Or you might get lucky and get a stupid doctor who prescribes antibiotics which do nothing for the flu since it's a virus, not a bacteria, and is trying to take your money. :slight_smile:

8. MusicIsLife

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I'm more or less back to normal, still suffering from a little nausea, but no puking or anything else unpleasant.

9. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Not true. You can have ulcers that do not constantly bleed or make you puke the blood up. The brownish colored muck she described is a common occurrence of an ulcer. It's usually when the stomach tries to digest blood. A lot of the time, people don't know they have an ulcer because the blood passes through the intestine into the stool, which will sometimes be a reddish or black color.

10. Fargo

Fargo Guest

And because she said she ate the cupcakes the night before, it is highly unlikely they would have taken that long to digest.