1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about fitness.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Freak23, May 19, 2010.

1. Freak23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi.

I lost a lot of weight a few years ago through cutting down on the "bad" food and eating the "good" stuff. I also went running four nights a week for six months.

The problem I have is that I need to start toning up. I've been doing 120 sit-ups, 80 half push-ups and various weight lifting for the last four weeks but I haven't noticed anything change. I'm not deluded - I'm not expecting any drastic changes, but I don't know what else to do.

I'd also like to lose a bit more weight (though people tell me I shouldn't and look good), so really what I'm looking for is any advice. What stuff to eat, how much I should be eating, what exercises I should do, etc.

I can't join a gym because I'm not confident at all. When I initially lost the weight, it was all at 3am so people couldn't see me.

Any advice really would be great because I not only want to look half-human, but I also want to be relatively healthy.

Thanks!

2. Connor22

well for toning one good thing to try is the plank position, get in the press up position only on your elbows and concentrate on holding your body in that position as rigidly as possible, works for me plus how much weight did you lose, because losing too much can be quite dangerous

3. Freak23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What exactly does the plank do? I've done it a few times in my exercise regime.

I lost about 5 & a half - 6 stone.

4. Connor22

it tightens your lower core and makes your chest muscles more pronounced, or at least for me it does, and you lost 5.5-6 stone over a few years, well I think that isn't bad, what weight are you now?

5. Freak23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nah, it was over six months. I've just been the same weight for a few years. I'm about 12 - 12.5. Apparently, that's my normal weight according to the doc but I'm not happy with it. I need to get in shape and start toning, really. I still feel monstrous.

6. Connor22

6 stone in 6 months?!?! that can't be good for you and it sounds like you are developing an eating disorder of some kind, you should go talk to someone about that because those are never pretty, what is your height because you want to get your ratio right, and also you do realise that muscle weighs more than fat right?

7. Nialla

Nialla Guest

Instead of sit-ups, try crunches and oblique twists, since they'll help to work your lower abs instead of just uour upper abs. Also, if you can get some weights and do oblique twists with them, that'll help your core strength.

8. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    and stay out of the gym, exercise outside as much as you can. climb a mountain, hike a hill, row a boat, ride a bike (build up to 100K) etc.

9. Freak23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't have an eating disorder or anything. It was just down to hard work and eating right. I still ate meals and snacked at weekeds, but just cut a lot of stuff out.

I'll try those other ab techniques out, thanks. I'm hoping it works.

I know muslce weighs more than fat, that's why I'm not TOO concerned with my weight at the moment, but physically I can't see a difference. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...or not enough. I dunno.

Thanks for the advice. I'm willing to try anything. After this I'm gonna look into surgery if I don't see an improvement in a few months or so because my confidence is at rock bottom.

10. Sylver