1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frequent Headaches

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, May 22, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this week I came to Florida on Tuesday, and both before and after the plane ride I wound up with a headache. I went to bed around 11pm that night. The next night went to bed around 3am, next morning woke at noon with another headache... Then Thursday (the morning i woke with the headache), felt fine a short while later, then had no headache Friday.

Today I get a massage, and went swimming and headed home. I took a nap for around 2 hours and when I woke I had ANOTHER headache. This one however lasted till maybe...7pm and it started at 2:30pm. This one however was on and off...it was like I took a Tylenol PM shortly after it started and started drinking some more water since I hadn't really had much but a bit of water after the massage. It eventually stopped and I went to see Shrek Forever After and then halfway through, got up and got an ICEE after having already drank one and popcorn and a hot dog, and when I sat back down in the theatre my headache started back up again and continued till around 7pm. My water by then had gotten not so cold and so all it was doing was just not doing anything. It finally went away when I got home and went swimming and took a dip in the hot tub. I

I'm sorry for the long winded explanation, I'm just saying I don't know why the headaches, if they were because of the heat (please note I've been to Florida more than 21 times in my life so it wasn't like anything new, and the heat this time is nothing compared to when I come during summer). So any ideas why I'm getting frequent headaches?

2. totallyfierce

Headaches are caused by dialated blood (don't think I spelled that correctly) vessels in the brain. the plane ride would explain the first ones, with the dramatic changes in altitude and pressurized plane cabin. Caffine can also diolate the blood vessels I'm the brain, so that could explain some of the others. Hope this helps. If any nausea occurs, it may mean you are getting a migraine, the ony way to get rid of that is sleep, deep peaceful sleep. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the thing was the headache happened loooong after the plane ride, and before the plane ride, not during....

4. totallyfierce

Did you consume any caffiene or an energy drink before or after the plan?

5. TroubledRyan

If it keeps up go see a neurologist.

I have my own and I have to take these pills every night to 'help' prevent migranes. You see somthing about my seritomem -mispelled- is lower(or higher,can't remember right now, I'm tired lol) then it is suspose to be,and there is also somthing wrong with the cord at the back of your brain (forgot what it is called-it is like a cm longer then it is suspose to be and it is what actually causes my migranes). so it could be somthing like that (hopefully not)...but anyways,if they keep up you should really see a neurologist. because I know how bad those migranes are.I use to get them weekly,now it isn't even a monthly thing.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do get migraines too but very infrequent. I think I've maybe had three in the past two years. But yeah they suck...

7. sexyalex

Just get some rest Ravan. Rest and drink lots of water. That should do the trick.

Caffinated beverages are proven to prevent headaches--just a tip. Stay away from citrus and highly acidic beverages until your feeling much better. Also keep cool, and stay away from the sun and excessive heat.

You should be fine.

8. Ben

Ben

Headaches can be caused by a billion things.

I have headaches most days induced by a number of different things. I get stress related headaches. I also get headaches from a variety of foods, which I still eat because I wouldn't be able to have a balanced diet if I didn't. And from a specific medical condition which causes pain.
    Dehydration is a huge cause as well, especially in the summer months.

The only way to possibly make sense of it is to go and see a doctor. We could throw around ideas here but we'll probably never get anywhere.