1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weakness.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by arteb, May 24, 2010.

1. arteb

Hello.

So, I'm bipolar. I was very down for the weekend, but saturday was the worst day by far. I was extremely depressed. I got very suicidal. Then, all sunday I was very, very tired and felt extremely weak. Are these two things related in any way? Or my symptoms from sunday could be something else that has nothing to do with my bipolar/depression?

Thank you.

2. Mogget

I've dealt with depression, but not bipolar disorder. The upswing from depression's low points can leave people weak and tired (it takes a lot of energy to be depressed), and I often found that after being suicidal I would spend several days having no desire to kill myself, or to live, and just wanted to lie in bed doing nothing.

I suggest asking your therapist if you have one (and you should if you're bipolar and depressed).

3. Eleanor Rigby

So first thing, I am not a doctor, neither a therapist and my only experience with depression is my own.
    That being said, I think it's possible that the weakness and the tiredness you experienced on sunday have been related to the fact you have felt extremly depressed and suicidal on saturday. These kind of feelings are draining, and in my experience, the feeling of being weak and tired is one of the symptĂ´mes of depression.
    You probably talk to your doctor about it. Maybe they can adjust your treatment so that you won't experience such kind of episode, or at least, less bad than it had been this time.
    Take care (*hug*)