1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting horny for the first time?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LivingInLyric, May 29, 2010.

1. LivingInLyric

I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever had this problem, or if it's just totally normal.

I'm 16 years old and lately (the past few days) I've been noticed my hair and skin are getting really oily. I wash my hair every day and my face twice daily.

Also, I've noticed I've been getting really horny - there, I said it. Embarrassing, but true :redface:. And I can't do anything about it.

I had my last period about a week and a half ago, so I don't think that this is related, but why am I having a sudden burst of hormones? Is it just that I'm getting more sexually mature? I don't get it. :confused:

Thanks!
    <3Mandie

2. kettleoffish

probably just part of the whole puberty thang, hormone bursts and stuff. I get it sometimes too, a week or two where I'm really horny..

3. Zumbro

That's what I'm going to thrown in as well: Puberty. It lasts longer than most people assume, and might not be over until you're 20. Good luck with hormones! (and the horny thing just lasts forever I think. Sometimes you just get that way, otherwise old people would never have sex.)

4. TroubledRyan

but we are guys...we have balls, WE are always horny...so we honestly can't answer for her completly...
    but I would have to agree with them,if female and male hormones/hornyness are the same in any way :grin:

5. HalfInsane

That'll be hormones, for sure. The oily skin (unfortunately) happens to the vast majority of people. Although it may sound counterproductive, use a a mild soap to wash your face rather than a harsh, drying one, and once you're done pat your skin dry with a soft cloth/towel rather than rubbing it dry. Thing is, by drying out your skin your irritate it which causes it to overcompensate by producing even more oil. I won't tell you this will totally clear up the problem, it won't, but it'll keep it from being worse.

As for your hair, try either not conditioning your roots/leaving the conditioner on them for less time/using a milder conditioner. Roots don't need much conditioning anyways; your scalp takes care of that (as you've noticed lol).

Being horny all the time is pretty normal, too. Truth be told... I pretty much always am, as are most teenagers... hence why we all masturbate so much (sorry for being indelicate, but really that is often the only thing you can do about it, and it does help).

And finally... the burst of hormones you're describing after your period is part of the menstrual cycle. Your hormones become depleted during your period, so that'd just be your system replacing them.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Also, I've noticed I've been getting really horny - there, I said it. Embarrassing, but true. And I can't do anything about it.

You've got two hands, a computer, a working internet connection, and (presumably) an active imagination. Do the math. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Having a desire for sex is completely natural. I'd be more concerned if you didn't.

8. stevie

whats emabarrasing about getting or being horny. if i got embarrased about that i'd always be embarrased. well there are times i would be embarrased , like the gym locker room/showers

9. Zumbro

And even if you continue to be embarrassed, consider yourself lucky. For those of us with other parts, other people get to notice that we're horny too (and it can be painful to try and hide), but oh well! (!!)