1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Problems - Lexapro

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, May 29, 2010.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

For many years, my doctor had me on Lexapro, a medication synonymous with sexual dysfunction. I would get off and then be able to "finish", but felt little.

The problem is that I was taken off Lexapro by another doctor many weeks ago, but the problem is still there, which is disconcerting. I'm just wondering what could be causing this and what I can do to help it.

#1 Swamp56, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
  2. Anonymous

Well the sexual disfunction was not caused by Lexapro. You should talk to your GP about it or talk to some professional that deals with sexual disfunction.

3. dude99

dude99 Guest

that above post was me

4. NickT

Sexual dysfunction could be from a number of causes. Because you've been off Lex for quite a while now I'm willing to bet it's something else. Go see your doctor about it.

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It only started when I went to 40mg and then 60mg of Lexapro (my psychiatrist loved to put me on high doses of things). That is why I attribute it to the medication.

It also got worse when I was on Seroquel.

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

swamp I used to be on Lexapro and had sexual disfunction. My psychologist told me to get off it and after a few weeks I still had the same problem and he said then the medication is not the problem. Its something else and the result was I had to change my meds.

7. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Sometimes it can take weeks and sometimes it can take months. Definitly talk to your doctor.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this isn't a thread lauding me for being a pro at helping people with sexual problems? Oh well. :frowning2:

If memory serves, you've been on a fair number of medications over the years. And as you know, side effects and cross-indications are pretty common. It may be something else you're taking, a combination of something else you're taking, or perhaps it just takes some time for the effects to wear off. Go ahead and bring it up to your doctor. Presumably, he can suggest what might be the cause.

Lex

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Thanks for the advice. I was taken off all medications by an NP and a psychiatrist (which was a terrible idea because all of my mood issues have since come back :eusa_doh:slight_smile:, so I'm on nothing right now.

I just didn't know whether or not it has been long enough for the effects to wear off.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought many antidepressants could take weeks to wear off maybe it's not fully worn off yet?