1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KnightAssassin, Jun 3, 2010.

1. KnightAssassin

So there is this place called bridgeway and i was sent there for my hullicinations and cutting [ non sucidally] but i was there for 6 days and missed memorial day at home and they gave me medicine for skitzophrenia but wont say i am skitzophrenic and i asked if i was and they only said i wasn't crazy . Should i get a second opinion now that i am out of there or should i be content with that ? i was releived to hear it but i think i am , i have all the symptoms and stuff but i dont want to be . i know that makes no sense but i don't know how to really say it any other way so what shuold i do ?

2. Connor22

what do your friends say?... you know... your "special" friends?

I'm only joking sorry, but hey if you think there is something wrong then dammit find out!

3. KnightAssassin

actually the voices say i am crazy and hopeless and demented : (

4. Connor22

well don't listen to them and get some help! those don't sound like very nice voices

5. KnightAssassin

i start out patien therapy on june 29th , i do have sonme meds ATM but the voices are still here and the visual hallucinations too .

6. Connor22

try and find something to ground you in reality, like a song, or a picture and if you feel something happening use it to try and keep yourself sane, whether or not that helps I have no idea mainly because I've never had schizo but hey you'll be fine, just don't do anything stupid. Good luck :slight_smile:

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that to keep gong with the treatment is definitely the right thing to do. Obviously, no one like to exhibit such symptoms, but like you say, it feels like they apply, so getting this treatment was definitely the right move.

Also, meds do take some time to work. They aren't a miracle cure that solves all of your problems in a few days. And other treatments might indeed be needed to get the full effect.

So I'd say you just need to keep the treatment. It might still take a bit of time, but you'll feel better in the end! (*hug*)

At the same time, I don't think it's out of the question to speak with a doctor. People telling you you're not crazy is definitely not bad, but if you talk to a doctor, you do have a right to ask what's wrong, and how this therapy works. Just pose the question calmly when you see a doctor.

8. x2x2x2x2y2

^this.

9. KnightAssassin

Day 9 still hullucinating ..... My meds are kinda working just not affecting hullicinations like they should but neither are the anti depressants

10. Ashleigh Ann

Hey! Just make sure you have someone that helps to keep you on your medications. You may not think anything of it now and say, Oh, I can do that easily, but that's one of the things that most people with schizophrenia struggle with most. Your voices may begin to tell you that your medications are some sort of trap. One is generally malevolent and will try to convince you that you shouldn't take them. It'll be a tough road but I'm positive you will learn to manage this! Feel free to message me any time if you need to talk. :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, etc.