1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bvtsjm116, Sep 8, 2007.

1. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I think I wanna start shaving my face... I was just wondering a few things... If I shave will I have to like shave daily, and also I have some hair, but not that much but its starting to darked, so should I start? Sometimes I have to cut a few hairs on my chin... and some on my mouth, so should I start shaving? I just don't want that hard shaved look with really small hair which makes your face feel rough, is that with older people (it seems thats how my dads face used to feel even right after he shaved) or kids too? I don't want it to look like I shaved? Is it noticeable...

I hope this is in the right spot :confused:

2. It really depends how how fast and how thick your hair comes in. I'm 17 and I still only shave once a week because mine grows slow and it comes in blond so you cant really see it. If yours grows back quickly then you may have to do it daily or every few days. It also depends on your age too. Some kids can get that hard shaved look it depends on how the hair grows on you. Also it wont really look like you've shaved if you never let it grow past the early small hairs.

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

If you have only a few hairs to deal with what you are currently doing is fine. You do not have to shave your entire face. It may come to that later though so just be aware. It is a secondary sexual characteristic for males, and eventually nearly every one of them has to shave if they don't want a beard.

Contrary to popular belief, starting to shave does not increase hair growth so you beard would get thicker, nor does it make the hair grow faster or more coarse. The hair shaft is cut off, so not rounded and has a bit of a sharp point to it, thus feels rougher. As the hair grows longer it seems more coarse because the shaft is shorter, thus stiffer, as it grows longer, the hair seems to soften. The amount of hair and the speed of its growth is dependent on hormone levels and age of the person, mostly. There is also a genetic component too, what genes you get from both sides of the family.

4. greg

I shave only about every 3 to 4 days, I've been told i look better with a 2 to 3 day growth, i think that these days society is more relaxed about facial hair growth. Friends that work in white collar professions are comfortable wearing a suit and a 2 day growth and they keep their jobs and still win the deals. A man with a 2 day growth looks sexier anyway. greg

5. Tom

Tom Guest

i have 2 shave everyday and have done for about a year now. i can shave in the morning and by thatnight it seems 2 be just as long as what me friends growth is after afew days, you could probably see me facial hair growing if u looked at it for afew hours

6. tired_of_lying411

I shave every other day... I can get away with it right now. The hair is still quite soft when it comes in... not as rough as my dads, but it's getting rougher. It doesn't really bother me.

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I could shave every day, but I don't. I decided I would trim/sculpt my facial hair instead, it makes me look older.

8. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

i only shave like once a week coz i get pimples if i shave too much

9. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Why would someone get fired for having facial hair? Shoot, if that was allowed in America, I would lose my job.

10. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i still dont need to shave. i still dont have any hair either under my arms and no pubic hair also. im now 16years 8months so maybe soon i will???:icon_redf
    dad said for my age im havent a matured body. he said some kids grow hair even at 13-14yo and others take a while longer. i get up set some times when kids my age at school when we change for sport make fun of it though

11. kuzmaster

eh, my bf is 17 and he like only JUST started shaving :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But then im 15 and i shave :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Its different person to person

12. Gera-Kun

i shave once every two-three days, though i get breakouts when i do....Man i hate these pimples!!!!!!

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave every other day if I have work, every 3-4 days if I'm at school, and usually I skip weekends.

I use an electric shaver. I find that I don't break out with it as much as I do with a blade. Part of the problem of getting pimples after shaving is people try to cut hair too short, which can cause the hair to ingrow, cause an infection and thus a pimple. Try not to aim for baby's bottom smoothness (IE super stretching your face to get that last micron of hair) and usually it's better. As well wash your face and use an aftershave to kill any germs that might cause an infection.

I also like my electric shaver because it's a lot cheaper than buying blades and supporting the razor industry, quicker, and the long hair trimmer is handy.

As far as them firing you for having stubble.. while they can't do that, people's opinion of people can be biased by their appearance, especially if they deal with clients.

14. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't need to shave yet.

15. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

My mom tells me not to shave either for as long as I can because of this :eek:, but right now I am taking a medication for acne which will get rid of it all (worked on my bro and my mom's friends' kids... so hopefully it works, and it should. Its not one of those cheap fake acne medicines.)

Don't worry you'll get hair soon. :icon_wink Some people just mature rather late, but don't worry you will hit puberty soon probably. Everyone is different. But growing up isn't all that fun :frowning2: You get acne, have to shave, B/O, :wink: So, enjoy being a kid while it lasts! :icon_bigg

Oh, and don't worry about hitting puberty, I'm sure you'll hit it very soon and if you don't hit it in a little while, don't worry you're body won't skip it, you'll shoot up in high and mature pretty soon :slight_smile: And, just a tip, if you do get upset (which you shouldn't >_<, but it might be hard to help it) don't let the kids see you get upset or they'll make fun of you more. :frowning2:

Lucky :wink:

#15 bvtsjm116, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  16. surfrboykai

i'm 18 and i don't have a full set of facial hair yet. i only grow it under my chin, a bit on my chin, and my upper lip. and side burns. however like, where i do grow hair, it's very splotchy. like, it doesn't come in full at all.

17. Kimi

It started to grow faster than it used be lately...so I shave every 3 or 4 days but I usually get some hair on my chin and upper lip only and they are not so noticeable(esp. on upper lip) no one really can't tell if I shaved or not.

And I don't think it will be noticeable if you shaved your facial hair at all!! But if you cut your self with the razor and sticking a band aid then every single person is gonna get an idea that you are suck at shaving but otherwise no one is gonna really notice!!

And if you are REALLY hairy around your face, you might ended up like your dad but since you are young I don't think that's gonna happen if you shave.

Oh, and if you think you need to shave then that's when you start shaving. But hearing what you said, I think you can start shaving:thumbsup:

18. Jeimuzu

I shave about every three weeks. It's not like I don't grow hair, but more that I like a little stubble. Gives my fave a bit of much-needed definition.

Get a very close razor if you don't want stubble/roughness, and shave whenever you find it's rough.

19. spacelion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually have to shave four or five times a week. My beard grows in fairly fast on my neck and chin so it's rather annoying. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I used to use an electric razor, but it was far too slow and I switched to a normal razor.

20. Ty

Ty Guest

I shave every two weeks

its such a bitch when i cut myself -.-

i love it when its all prickly at the bottom of my chin though i play around with it loads:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: