1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sore throat

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by British Lad, Jun 11, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

For the past couple of days I have had a really bad sore throat and i was wondering what is really good for a sore throat that lasts longer then half an hour? Preferably a concoction I can make at home using nature ingredients or medication I can buy in the UK over the counter?

2. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Grapes into the freezer,leave them for a wee while then eat them straight from the freezer. For some reason it works and i dont know why!

3. KaraBulut

The classic remedy is honey, lemon and ginger.

I'm more a fan of densensitizing lozenges which are a hard candy with a small amount of local anesthetic like benzocaine or menthol.

4. Corny

Corny Guest

I gargle warm very salty water after getting up and before going to sleep :slight_smile:
    Proven to be as efficient as commercial "gargling" products :slight_smile:

5. Eleanor Rigby

When I have a sore throat, I personaly have thyme herbal tea with the juce of half a lemon and 2 spoons of liquid honey several times a day (like at least 6 times a day).
    I also wear a silk scarf.
    If it really hurts, you can also gargle with aspirin (3 effervescent tablets in a glass of water, but don't drink it after gargling), it can help.

6. Ben

Ben

I get a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze it into some nice hot water then put the squeezed half of the lemon in the tea~ then add lots of local honey (fabulous for helping with hay fever apparently if you take it once a day for a long time) *_*

7. stevie

if you have strep throat or something you need to see a doctor, i had that last year, would have been much sicker if i had not gotten the right medicine

8. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Well I used 3 packet of lockets and then it turned into a bloody cold. But my Nan gave me a good recipe to help with a cold:
    First,take a smallish glass
    Then, Put one shot of Brandy or Whiskey
    Add lemon juice and honey, About the same amount as the shot
    Then add hot water from the kettle to the mixture and stir.
    Drink while warm in small sips
    Trust me it works