1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internal alarm clock?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by concklin, Jun 18, 2010.

1. concklin

usually during the week, if i set my clock for a certain time the next morning - whether it's for work or classes - that next morning, i will wake up within a half hour before that set time. i'll be tired as hell, but i will be fully concious. i usually end up going back to sleep after a minute or two. but it just seemed odd to me, because whether i set it for 8am or 10:30am, i'll wake up shortly before that time, and fall back to sleep because i'm so tired, while if i can sleep in on a particular day and don't have to set my clock, i do sleep in, and wake up naturally without falling back to sleep.

anyone else experience this pattern?

2. theJosephDean

Every. Single. Day.

I don't even have to set my alarm. I just have to know I need to wake up at 9 and I wake up at 8:45, lol. Of course, I'll go "Ugh" and go back to sleep till noon, but still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yep pretty normal, I can wake up when I want (Ok not literally), most of the time anyway. I'll always wake up before work, even when its 5 mins before, but then I'd have to move like crazy.

4. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    I will always wake up before my alarm clock always! ive have never over slept its impossible my body keeps waking me up

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Doesn't happen to me. Usually, i either sleep through my alarm clock or I wake up, turn it off, and go back to sleep(and regret it later).

Good/weird story: last year, this big thing was gonna come out on tv(E3 2009) and I was really excited to watch it. It was gonna start at 11 am. I didn't set my alarm or anything and somehow I woke up at exactly 10:59am.

6. Corny

Corny Guest

always happens to me. but i am not tired then. in fact in need to get up then, because if i would sleep just 20 more minutes until the alarm goes off THEN i would be tired.

7. SolitaryKnight

It is extremely common for me to wake up one minute before my alarm is set to go off, I nearly fall out of bed every day because I jump over to shut it off thinking that I have only a couple seconds before the dreaded buzzer sounds...

8. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

This sometimes happens to me, but not usually. I have sleep apnea, so I tend to sleep excessively.

9. concklin

i remembered wrong. this ^^^^ is actually exactly how it goes for me. i only go back to sleep simply because i can, not because i'm tired. i'm tired as hell when the alarm clock gets me up :bang:

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I set my alarm clock to wake me up at 10:30 today. I woke up twice, once at 7:30, once at 8:30. I don't know, I find that if you're setting your clock to wake you up, your body perhaps wakes itself up on anticipation of hearing the alarm. Then when we realize it's not ringing yet, we go back to sleep till it does, but at times we continuously wake every hour or half hour before the actual alarm clock rings. It's annoying, but can be convenient sometimes.

11. theJosephDean

Sometimes I'll wake up every three seconds because I'm afraid that my alarm will go off and startle me, so I'll grab my phone and see that hardly any time has passed at all, lol.

12. Corny

Corny Guest

well get up then. problem solved ..| :slight_smile:

13. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yep .. and most of the time, i wake a minute before my alarm is about to go off.! i hate that ! coz i have to wake a min to hit the snooze!

14. HalfInsane

Yeah, most mornings I wake up exactly five minutes before my alarm clock goes off.