1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adhd?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by arteb, Jun 25, 2010.

1. arteb

Hi.

I was diagnosed with ADHD like three months ago. I was prescribed medication for it (Strattera).

So, my problems focusing, paying attention, concentrating, finishing activities, and following one single thought haven't diminished at all.

Right now, I literally feel like I CAN'T even THINK. I'm having trouble even writing this. Like I say, I feel like I can't think. For example, I was watching a movie a while ago and I couldn't follow the dialogues and comprehend them many times. WTF is wrong?!

I have talked about this with my psychiatrist TWICE but he just doesn't think that he should change/adjust/cancel my medication. Honestly, this is horrible. Many times I can't read, I can't write and NOW I can't even watch a movie or even a video on youtube without trouble. I mean, if you're a student, like I am, that really, really sucks.

So, is this all caused by my ADHD? Or is something else going on? Also, I don't know if it has to do with anything, but, the other day my migraine was bothering me, and I've been very depressed.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my rant.

2. Ben

Ben

Hey arteb
    If you're questioning what your doctor has been saying, it's always a good idea to get a second opinion from another doctor. You're unlikely to get very good and accurate medical advice for issues like this over the internet, though.

3. KaraBulut

I second Ben's recommendation.

If your condition is getting worse, ask for a second opinion. ADHD is a very common misdiagnosis and the fact that you're not getting better on ADHD medications means that either you do not have ADHD or you're not on the right medication. If you have a teaching hospital nearby, get a referral and make an appointment for an assessment.

If you've got a psychiatrist or any other professional that you're working with who doesn't listen to you, fire them and hire someone who does.