1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight Loss?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I was wondering if anyone could help?

Okay, so I am overweight. I am around..5'6" or 5'7" and I weight around 250 pounds. Now, I assume that some of that is muscle, because I really do not look that size and I don't get warn out by excecise.

But I was if some health nut could go over my plan to lose weight?

Okay, so first I plan to eat a lot of fruits mainly bananas, grapes, strawberries, and apples. I will eat some vegetables (broccoli, lettuce, carrots.) Not to mention normal foods such as the occasional *healthy* hamburger, egg whites, all that fun stuff. I will also stop drinking pop (soda) completely, and I will drink at least 100 Oz of water a day.

I will also eat lots of potatoes because I've noticed whenever I eat them I get extremely hyper..which I assume is because it's speeding up my metabolism, but I don't really know anything about metabolic rates and food.

I plan on exercising 30 minutes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday every other week. On Tuesday and Thursday I will do weight exercises, crunches, push ups, all that fun stuff. On Monday and Friday, I will do cardio. I will ride on an exercise bike and run up and down stairs. And on the Saturday that I do work out I will do both.

I will gradually increase the time when I start to platue.

Also, I thought I would buy a slimming undershirt just for motivation reasons. My brother has one and you can't see it under your shirt and it really does work. And according to Amazon reviews it "turned a C-cup into a flat chest!" Plus it's only 20 dollars so if it doesn't work it's not that big of a deal.

And if it means anything..my entire family is overweight. The only reason my mom and my dad have lost all their weight is because the both work jobs that require them to go in so early they can't eat breakfast, and their jobs don't allow lunches (and doesn't give long enough breaks to have lunch somewhere else.) That has to be illegal..

Anyway..

Is that good? Any suggestions?

2. Rikudo

That's good eating healthy will definelty help but just remember that smaller portions are also a key component.

Actually it's cause Potatoes are a starch and you usually actually want to cut out starches cause they are high in calories.

Just remember when starting weightlifting you wanna start out with lightweights and lots of reps. As you go on and start to be able to do more weight then you do less reps and more weight. Also remember that rest is key for your muscles to recover and grow.

Best of Luck to you. :thumbsup:
    Keep us updated and if you ever wanna talk routines feel free to contact me.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

:3 Kay~
    Aww D:
    Ah okay.

How small should I go and for how long? I have two 25 pound weights. I can make then go as low as 5 pounds..
    :grin: Okay! Thank you~

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just thought you might like to see this: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml I've been following it and noticing my stamina is getting better. Also don't do five days, as it says in the article, studies show three times a week for 20 minutes is better for your body. Doing it any more than that is pushing it unless you're an athlete, then it's not a case of doing it for just training, it's also for fun.

5. Rikudo

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

ooh how interesting, thank you. *bookmarks*

7. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Weight loss: Eat less, move more. Thats the basis of it really. Im about to start that couch to 5K too.

8. Johnnieguy

Don't eat potatoes....Not only is it a starch but it is VERY high on the glycemic index, so it doesn't keep you full.

Also, do not skip breakfast. You should be eating 1500 calories a day (no more than 2000) to lose weight...It is best to spread them out through the day, with more being consumed earlier in the day than later in the day.