1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodypump

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Yannee, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Yannee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi guys,

Has anyone tried doing Bodypump? I'm terribly bad at working out at the gym (I'm afraid I'll break my back or something and I don't really know how to use the machines and all that...) but I still want to do some weight training. Bodypump is done with an instructor who guides you with the moves and the weights so it seems like a good choice for me.

I'm interested in hearing what kind of results you can achieve with it and how often you'd have to do it to achieve anything. Also, what kind of excercise works with Bodypump if your goal is to tone your body, meaning getting rid of extra flap in the stomach and elsewhere. Does it build up muscles or just burn away extra fat?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

2. Gumtree

the Pump programs are excellent, although don't often achieve your desired goals on their own.

2-3 times a week with as equal as possible breaks between, with a decent cardio warmup (try for swimming or a treadmill at a slow run) for 30-40 minutes before your Pump, then 10-15 minutes rest before starting Pump programs should really speed up your weight loss and musctle tone process.

Also, if you're looking to really maximise your results, after pump, a small 5-10 minutes rest than another 20-30 minute cardio workout, progressively decreasing in intensity would really assist.

In regards to what the Pump classes do:

They pretty much do a little bit of everything, but not quite enough to give you great definition in any one area.

The programs are definitely something I would suggest to someone who isn't comfortable in a solo gym environment for the first 12-14 weeks of their workout.

After 10-12 weeks of Pump, with the cardio I mentioned earlier, you should lose considerable weight (assuming you're coming from a little-no exercise routine straight into this), especially around the stomach area, and some muscle definition around the arms and shoulders.

But for results beyond that, you're going to have to start spending extended periods of time on each muscle group, and extensive cardio to improve visibly at a decent rate.

Pump will always be beneficial to your health, but once your workout becomes orientated around the weight you're lifting, not the endurance aspect of the class then further workout is required for a 'defined' look.

3. starfish

I am not familiar personally with BODYPUMP, however I just did not brief reading. I agree Gumtree. It will not get to all the way to your goal. However it looks like a great start. So the class are great for meeting people if you are the social type. Also the positive peer pressure is a great motivator. You are more likely to show up if Bob and Tina expect to see you there.

I say go check it out and signup for a month of classes. The only thing you have to lose is some fat, and maybe your water bottle if you leave there .