1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunburn

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Jul 1, 2010.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

So I went swimming a couple days ago and got pretty tanned. Now my skin is sort of peeling and it's really annoying. This has happened before. I'm wondering if there is any way that I can stop this from happening in the future. If I keep going swimming regularly, will my skin adjust to it and stop peeling?? Any advice would be great!!

2. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Use aftersun when you get home after it. It will help to stop the peeling. Also wear suncream too!

3. SaturdaySaviour

Next time protect yourself with some suncream. Apply it half an hour before you go swimming and after you get out of the sea.

I'd wait until your sunburn heals a bit before going swimming again. Or at least avoid sun around noon. Yes, treat it with the aftersun lotion or yogurt. I know it sounds weird, but some people use yogurt. I guess it works?

You can't really stop the peeling now. Once you get a tan, it doesn't mean that you can expose without any suncream. Avoid skin damage, seriously.

4. KaraBulut

Sunburns are like any other burn- they will blister and peel. Even for those who tan, the skin tends to thicken after sun exposure and it can peel.

If you're swimming during the time of day when the sun is at it's highest intensity, then switch to an earlier or later time when you want get as much exposure.

Usually, if you're in the pool, it's the reflection of the water onto your face that tends to trigger the most exposure. When you get out of the pool, reapply sunscreen and stay out for a while. Suncreens tend to gunk up the water, so it can be a bit of a challenge to find one that stays on and doesn't create an oil slick in the water.