"Manscaping"

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by chrisg, Jul 2, 2010.

1. chrisg

The lower part of me is quite hairy, and I've been considering giving some of the areas there a trim--especially, y'know, in those places where it's dark and hard to shave. Does anyone have any tips or experiences that they can share with a newbie like me for cleaning my hair situation up a little bit?

2. xCrazyInsanity

Do No Shave It Off.

and don't cut yourself...

3. KaraBulut

A little manscaping is fine. Just don't get carried away- it will itch and be generally miserable when it grows back.

There are a couple of old threads about this- like this one: http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9445

Bottom line (no pun intended) is to invest in a decent body groomer with several attachments. It will last you for years and it's good for anything you want to groom.

#3 KaraBulut, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  4. Zach1992

I use a razor on one area & trim with scissors on another.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty hair down there too, like a tirbble or whatever those puffball things from Harry Potter are, anyway I trim with an electric shaver. Shaving is no good for people with thick hair it comes back hard and sharp. You'll be itching for days after.

6. Emberstone

tribble is star trek, puffskeins is harry potter.

I do shave my... wand area, since we are on harry potter. no matter how you do it, slow and steady wins the race. I shave with shaving cream, and a regular gillette razor. you just go slow, and pull the skin so you dont nick yourself.

that would be if you want a clean shaven look. My only issue is that you have to maintain it every week or so.

during the summer, when we get into the really hot part of summer, i shave as much non head body hair off as possible. helps keep me cool.