1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muscle Pains...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tim, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Tim

Tim

And I know, doctor, but to be honest, a simple doctors visit here is $5000, and that's if they just do a basic examination, (sister has 2 bills from them, <_<) so a doctors visit is TOTALLY out of the question, as I can't afford that. And I'm aware that this isn't the best place to ask about this, but I know Kara and a few other members are well knowledgeable about things like this, so it can't really hurt.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone else has had a history of muscle issues, or if there's something to be worried about if pains last too long...

About a month ago, I woke up and went to the Food Bank and worked. About an hour in, my hips (Where most people call the "love handles") in the back had a very sharp pain, and that lasted a few days. Then it disappeared. About a week later, it came back, and it's been back for the past 3 weeks. After it disappeared, I woke up with a MASSIVE (I mean, I couldn't even move my head) pain in my shoulder. A few days later, it went away.

Flash forward to last week. I woke up, went downstairs, made breakfast, cleaned, and sat down to watch some Buffy on Netflix. About 30 minutes later, I had a very painful Charley Horse for no reason at all. It was painful enough that I could barely walk for pretty much 3 days after it happened.

Now for today and yesterday. I cannot turn my feet at all without a massive amount of pain spiking through my legs up to about my knee. BOTH legs are affected, not just the one with the charley horse last week.

On top of all of this, today I was watching a movie with my sister and I went to readjust on the couch, and heard a loud snap. We thought something in the couch just snapped, then I tried to move my arm. I now have a decent pain in my arm, (though not too bad, but enough to make me limit how much I do), and the pain in my right shoulder and back are back.

I'm personally worried about my well being at the moment, with not being able to do anything about it. Over the past month, my lifting load has been increased about 10x, due to the amount of emergency food that has gone out at the Food Bank, and the other receptionists being unwilling to get them. The whole thing started when 2 of the receptionists left (the 2 who actually took turns with me getting the boxes), so I'm wondering if that's the cause of it. I'm supposed to go in and help tomorrow (technically today), however, at this rate, I fear I may cause damage to my body.

Again - I'm well aware this isn't the best place in the world to ask for help on this, but again, Doctors here pretty much cost a years rent for a 1 bedroom apartment here, if that gives you an idea.

Another downside is that I was diagnosed a few years ago (before I lost MediCal via turning 21) to an allergy to menthol, which prohibits the use of IcyHot, Bengay, etc, as that happens to be the active ingredient. On top of my allergy to cold temperatures (I really hate how many weird ass allergies I've been diagnosed with...) I can't really think of much I can do to soothe the pain, other than Tylenol, which really doesn't help.

Anyway, pretty much curious if anyone knows ways to help with muscular pains that don't involve cold or medicine that includes menthol. I'm well aware it'd be best to go to a doctor, but again, too expensive. (Just stressing this because I'm well aware it's best to go to a doctor :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2. Daniel6

Hi Tim,

If you don't want to see a doctor, I suggest you look for DIY information on www

A while ago I read this book "The pain-free program" by Anthony Carey. There are some exercises in the book focus on strengthening core muscles to correct body's defects.

I personally think the food is most important since it is the food that help your body repair and heal. Watch what you eat.