1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adipex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by XxToshixX, Jul 8, 2010.

1. XxToshixX

Who here has ever taken it and has anything bad ever happened to you as a result of it? My friend's mom takes them and he gave me one once. I like it because it helped me concentrate ( un-diagnosed ADD ) and one of the side effects is Extreme Euphoria so yeah. lol ....(Don't think bad of me)(&&&)

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to be harsh, but anyone who takes an amphetamine will feel more concentration from it, feel euphoria, and so forth. That's exactly why these drugs are so addictive.

It was incredibly irresponsible for your friend to give you one of his mom's pills, and equally irresponsible for your friend's mom to leave the pills out where they could be taken by someone else.

A very large percentage of people who are on drugs for ADD do not need them; ADD has sort of become a junk diagnosis that, a generation or two ago, was simply "teen boys being teen boys". Now, teachers want to drug the kids in their classes to make them more manageable.

Basically, you have a choice to make for yourself. You already know this drug gives you a euphoric feeling and feels good. That alone means your risk for addiction to it is very high. You can either feed yourself the bullshit that you can control your use of it and never allow yourself to get out of control, or you can be sensible and say "I don't trust myself and this is not a path I want to go down."

Perhaps it would be helpful to point out that adifex is in the same family as crystal meth. If you know how addictive crystal meth is, and why it's a terrible idea to try it even once, then that ought to be good enough advice on why you shouldn't consider taking it again.

Oh, and... adifex is only supposed to be prescribed for extreme obesity, and even then, only for a very short time (a few weeks at most). If your friend's mom has been on it for a long time, or is not extremely overweight, she may be developing a problem with it as well.

3. XxToshixX

I see. Well, it was a one time thing and I don't plan on doing it agin. Please don't of me as a druggie or something because that is the only "drug" I've ever even really tried so yeah. But thanks anyway. I would delete this entire thread but i don't seem to be able to.

4. KaraBulut

We don't think of you as a "druggie". And we want people to ask these questions.

There's a mix of people on EC- different ages and different experiences. Those of us who are older and who have seen friends deal with addiction problems try to give you insight on these things. Being young is about experimenting and trying new things but it's a fine line between trying to things and being reckless.

Amphetamines and stimulants are very addictive. There are some things that your friends may offer you that are relatively harmless to experiment with. Amphetamines (and prescription drugs in general) are probably something you should pass on- especially given the "extreme euphoria" that you felt.