1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blood!!!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by coolguy144, Jul 10, 2010.

1. coolguy144

I have an abnormal fear of blood. I mean, I've always been afraid of blood and needles, but now I can just hear people talking about surgery and things and feel myself get light headed. A while back, I was listening to a speech by a man who got shot and was paralyzed below the waist by getting shot, and I got light headed listening to him. Is this something that I'm stuck with? I've seriously tried to overcome it, but this is one thing that I think may be impossible. Does anyone else have the same problem?

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not afraid of blood, but I have the exact same calibre of fear toward needles. I can't watch videos with needles in them nor discuss needles into any sort of detail and I always have psychologically-induced reaction which gives me very real flu symptoms for ten minutes after receiving an immunisation.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    everyone is afraid of something. so you don't like blood, so what.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe look at pictures of blood or something to get used to it? I think that'd help you get over your fear slowly and you'd just get used to it. Think logically... all it is is blood... it's not gonna eat you. Idk, or avoid seeing any blood the rest of your lives. I think the only way to get over a fear is to face it head on. What do you do if you get a cut?