1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very small bumps

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jayden, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    has any one every heard of this??? i saw yesterday morning that i have 3 very small like bumps on my penis. they are white and it woke me up becuase they were a bit itchy. peter my friend said that maybe i got infection from the water going surfing???
    i dont want to tell mum or dad about it but the only one that i told is peter.

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I sent you my reply to your PM, but I'm not totally sure if I have any idea :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I hope it gets better and turns out ok! (*hug*)

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks im not as worried about it now. peter has said not to worry about it after he read the stuff you sent to me about it

4. CrimsonThunder

They're natural. =P

5. surfrboykai

i'm a surfer too, and i think they might just be sea lice. also, do you wear a wetty when you surf? you might be rubbing against the material, or even having an allergic reaction to it

6. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i wear a wetty in winter and the last times ive surfed i just wear board shorts. i went surfing with peter a hour ago . its his birthday to day also!!! we both only had board shorts surfing today. the bumps are not itchy at all today and last night in bed they were ok also so i think they are ok and im not worried about them. but as you say it could be a infection maybe???

7. TriBi

Well, I'm sure Jayhew will be along shortly with the right info - but I have seen people ask similar questions before - and if they are very small and sort of pearly coloured I would think it likely that they are not uncommon...that seems to have been the response I have seen before.

I forget what name is given to them, but likely Jayhew will know - and may even be able to give you a reference to check/compare.

8. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks tribi they are ok today and you can hardly see them and they arent sore and dont itch or any thing like that now. peter told me not to worry about them either

9. Kimi

Hmm...small bumps...I thought you were talking about bumps around the head but it sounds like you are not talking about that...

It could be from the friction from your bathing suit but not sure...and it's disapearing??
    Well, I guess if it's disapearing then you don't really need to worry that much:slight_smile:

10. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi kimi they are still there but very small and dont worry me . so i think i will be ok now

11. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

From the sounds of it, likely some reaction to something you were exposed to in the water, especially if they are fading. To cover the possibilities, they could be Pearly Penile Papules. Pearly penile papules are a clinical skin condition of the male genital organs. It is important to mention that they are harmless. These are tiny lumps, each about the size of a gain of salt (may vary about 1-3 mm). Lesions generally are arranged circumferentially in one or several rows on the head of the penis. Unfortunately, pearly penile papules are frequently misdiagnosed as genital warts but are merely a normal anatomical variant in men. They are not infectious and require no treatment.

They are not contracted or spread through sexual activity. In reality, it is not known what causes pearly penile papules to develop.

If you need further information: http://www.hpvfaq.com/pearly_penile_papules.asp

Then there is Fordyce's spots, here it is from the Wikapedia and it is factual info:
    Fordyce's spots, or Fordyce granules are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis or on the labia[1], as well as the inner surface and vermilion border of the lips of the face. They are common in men and women of all ages. They are named after an American dermatologist, John Addison Fordyce.[2] On the head of the penis, they are called Tyson glands,[3] not to be confused with pearly penile papules.[4]

The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body. Men sometimes consult with a dermatologist because they are worried they may have a sexually transmitted disease (especially genital warts) or some form of cancer, but this is not the case.[5] They may equally be worried about the appearance of their penis and what their sexual partner might think of it.[6]

Vaporising laser treatments such as CO2 laser[7] or electro desiccation have been used with some success in diminishing the appearance of this condition if they are of cosmetic concern. However, most doctors consider this a normal physiological phenomenon and advise against treatment.

Hope this helps, hmmm, this is the third or fourth inquiry about something like this, perhaps if there are more I will put up a sticky in the health section concerning it. Let me know if you need more info.

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks jayhew. they are very small like the grain of salt size and white and there are only 3 of them and on the head of my penis. but they dont worry me now and peter said not to worry either. maybe i got it from the surf but they seem ok .

13. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey Jayden :smilewave

I don't think you've got anything to worry about. Most of us get some sort of spots in all sorts of places. 'Cos yours are where they are you may be worrying for no reason. If they were somewhere else on your body, would you be so worried? At your age, hormones cause all sorts of things to appear on your body - most come and go. If you're still concerned seek medical advice although I appreciate how difficult this may be. However, your doctor has seen it all before so you shouldn't be embarassed. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

14. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks Bromptonrocks also. im not worried really now becuase peter also said that it will be ok and jayhew. but i will keep watching to see if there are any changes

15. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're welcome. Glad to hear you're not worrying anymore. At least you're asking. Most others would suffer in silence!! Good on you, cobber. (I had an Aussie friend at school.)

16. JSG

JSG Guest

I have Fordyce's spots mainly on the underside of the shaft.
    My boyfriend has a few too and Pearly penile papules.